Project Green Goblin--AR-15 Build

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Project Green Goblin--AR-15 Build

Postby Mynock » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:17 am

Picked up a cheap rifle kit from Palmetto State Armory over the holidays, decided to throw it together on a lower receiver I bought from them previously. Went together with no issues, just gotta wait for some nicer weather before we see how she shoots. Loving the OD Green furniture, always wanted one that wasn't just plain black.
Green Goblin 01 - Copy.jpg

Green Goblin 02 - Copy.jpg

Green Goblin 03 - Copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Crazee_Canuck_252

Re: Project Green Goblin--AR-15 Build

Postby Crazee_Canuck_252 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:35 am

Nice!

Theo

Postby Theo » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:06 am

Sweeeet! Perfect for zombies! :mrgreen: What's that you have for sights? Just iron?
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:41 pm

Currently just have the iron sights. I want to get a real nice red dot in the future like an Aimpoint Comp but gotta save some more pennies first. Freakin scope costs as much as the whole damn gun lol.
--Sun Tzu

Theo

Postby Theo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:16 am

Mynock wrote:Currently just have the iron sights. I want to get a real nice red dot in the future like an Aimpoint Comp but gotta save some more pennies first. Freakin scope costs as much as the whole damn gun lol.

I hear ya, I've thought about getting an Aimpoint, but just can't justify the price tag. I've had a Firefield Impulse on mine for 5+ years now. No complaints come to mind, except maybe the time the visible laser kept shutting off every time I took a shot, even though the red dot was working fine. Turns out, the battery was just running low. Put a new battery in, and it worked fine.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:45 pm

One of my Buddies has a Comp M4 on his AR.....if you've never took snap shots with a Parallax free optic, you haven't lived man....it's like, rifle to shoulder and bang.....if you can see the dot in the tube, and the dot is on the target, you're lined up. It's almost like cheating lol.
--Sun Tzu

TK421

Postby TK421 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:47 am

Mynock wrote:Picked up a cheap rifle kit from Palmetto State Armory over the holidays, decided to throw it together on a lower receiver I bought from them previously. Went together with no issues, just gotta wait for some nicer weather before we see how she shoots. Loving the OD Green furniture, always wanted one that wasn't just plain black.
Green Goblin 01 - Copy.jpg
Green Goblin 02 - Copy.jpg
Green Goblin 03 - Copy.jpg

So when are we hitting the range? If you got a few good 100-800 yard ranges, we’ll hit some steel!
0412FB86-B5BB-4F83-8120-A0FE3B3E6148.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:06 pm

Nice!
I used to he able to borrow the neighbors field and we could shoot out to 300, but somebody bought the adjacent property and put a house in the way. :x

There's a game commission range not too far away that goes out to 250 but it tends to draw a lot of shitheads that you wouldn't want near you with a loaded rifle.

That leaves me with the backyard range at the parents. It's a pretty good setup with a trench and nice solid dirt backstop but really not much more than a pistol range. But hey, it's free. :)
--Sun Tzu

Zorah Valtero

Postby Zorah Valtero » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:08 pm

Oh shit, gun thread? Gun thread. Meet Libby.

She ain't much, but she's mine.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:09 pm

^^Nice! Can't go wrong with S&W. 8-)

Picked up something different over the weekend. AR Five Seven Upper. 5.7x28mm, top loads a fifty round FN-P90 mag, blowback operated. Fits on a standard lower receiver and ejects the spent shells out the magwell. It test fitted nicely to one of my existing lowers but It needs a specific weighted buffer to work right, so will probably end up getting it's own dedicated lower in the long run.

7112035D-8D79-4C65-9C4E-8BE61461556C.jpeg
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Off Topic”