Project Green Goblin--AR-15 Build

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Zorah Valtero

Re: Project Green Goblin--AR-15 Build

Postby Zorah Valtero » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:21 pm

Updated build. Switched back to the OEM upper, slapped a carry handle on it, replaced all the furniture, and put a tac light on it for good measure.

(And my new discrete case. Didn't you know I play guitar? It's a real blast.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:18 pm

Nice. I like the classic carry handle look. My first AR was/is a DPMS Panther that actually has the integral carry handle.

Like the case too. Modern twist on the old time 30s/40s gangster Tommy Gun in a violin case.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:32 pm

Coming Soon....... 8-)

IMG_4499.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--Sun Tzu

Zorah Valtero

Postby Zorah Valtero » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:45 pm

Ooh, very nice. Which model Glock you got, G42?

I ended up replacing the stock trigger in my M&P40 with an Apex. Very nice, though I haven't gotten a chance to really see what it can do. Also installed a 9mm conversion barrel. Kept the .40 barrel just in case. Never a bad idea to have options.

20230809_155356.jpg

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:15 pm

Yup, G42, picked up a slightly worn used one for a decent price, figured I'd give her a refresh/upgrade and use it for summer carry. Barrel's still good but the trigger sucked as advertised, figured the heavy guid rod would be a good idea too. The rest is just to make it pretty. I have red aluminum mag plates and a mag release coming too from Hyve. 8-)
--Sun Tzu

TK421

Postby TK421 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:41 pm

Zorah Valtero wrote:Ooh, very nice. Which model Glock you got, G42?

I ended up replacing the stock trigger in my M&P40 with an Apex. Very nice, though I haven't gotten a chance to really see what it can do. Also installed a 9mm conversion barrel. Kept the .40 barrel just in case. Never a bad idea to have options.

20230809_155356.jpg

Very nice! That was my first upgrade to my Smith and Wesson. Definitely worth it’s weight in gold but I sold her in favor of my Canik MC9. Also working on a P80 G19 Gucci Glock Build, but I am waiting on my trigger group to come in stock. I might do another AR build between now and summer. I been on and off a out doing a .300. Blackout rig.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

TK421

Postby TK421 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:44 pm

Mynock wrote:Coming Soon....... 8-)

IMG_4499.jpeg

Ohhhhh that looks naughty :twisted: . You have the frame or you milling a 80%?
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:21 pm

No 80% this time, just got a good deal on a used G42. I was just gonna do a trigger but got sold on the Tungsten Guide Rod, then realized hey I could color coordinate lol. That's all Glock Store stuff. I have a red mag release and a red aluminum mag baseplate coming from Hyve too.
--Sun Tzu

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:18 pm

Done! Actually been done for almost a month but couldn't get out to shoot. Wow......that trigger and that guide rod.....I"m not sure if it's a combination of the two but she shoots like a laser now. Almost no recoil. I'm practically mag dumping and getting all six shots in about a 5" group. Loving the red on black look too. I'm not sure if Hyve screwed up or it was me but somehow I ended up getting a Punisher mag plate haha. I'm not upset but if I knew that was gonna happen I'd have sprung for the matching mag release and back plate.

IMG_4576.JPG

IMG_4577.JPG

IMG_4578.JPG

IMG_4581.JPG

IMG_4582.JPG
--Sun Tzu

Zorah Valtero

Postby Zorah Valtero » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:42 am

Looking nice! Have you considered night sights, though? They're pretty essential if you plan to carry at night. I didn't realize how valuable they were until I needed to use mine after dusk.

Return to “Off Topic”