DVD Sony... How to make region free

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
DarthMau

DVD Sony... How to make region free

Postby DarthMau » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:59 am

Hello! Does anyone know how to make a sony dvd player region free? the model is dvp-sr510hp

Thanks!

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: DVD Sony... How to make region free

Postby dlodoski » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:26 pm

DarthMau wrote:Hello! Does anyone know how to make a sony dvd player region free? the model is dvp-sr510hp

Thanks!

There's a mixture of info about this out there. Nobody claims that it's possible to make it region free for Blu Ray. Some think it's possible to make the it region free for DVD.

I have had luck with both Samsung and LG multi-region players. I like the LG (LG BP175) the best.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:02 am

I use to use programs to make the video region-free. Never did it with hardware before.

https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/t ... -free.html

Sony DVD Players

1. Power on the DVD player, eject the tray, make sure there's no disc in the tray.

2. Press 9, 7, 3, 5 on the remote control.

3. Use up and down arrow key on remote to choose from region code box on-screen to change Sony DVD players to region-free.

MORE info for sony blu-ray: https://finddiffer.com/how-do-i-change- ... lti-region
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

DarthMau

Postby DarthMau » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:02 pm

Thanks guys for your feedback... BogDog, I already tried this method a while back and it didn't work, thanks anyway.

I am from Mexico and the damn regions have always been a problem for me, I have movies on dvd both region 1 and 4 (from my country) and not everything I have on dvd is on blu-ray. Not long ago, both dvd and blu-ray players no longer had region restrictions, but in the latest models they have been implemented again.

Kinky Desires

Postby Kinky Desires » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:28 am

To give you a ray of hope, I own a region free Sony DVD recorder (RDR-HXD710) but I didn't convert it, it was already region free when I bought it. What amazed me was that I bought it brand new, and it was advertised as region free in the shop - this was around 20 years ago though, the shop I got it from doesn't even exist anymore!

DarthMau

Postby DarthMau » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:15 pm

If long ago all dvd players were sold region-free by the manufacturers, in my country, it was good because many of us bought movies in region 1 that never reached region 4 (the region established for Mexico), but since the release of blu-ray players, manufacturers stopped producing region free on these.

Return to “Off Topic”