Rush- "Time Machine" tour.

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
nachtjaeger

Rush- "Time Machine" tour.

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:18 am

Just got back from taking my 15 year old to her first Rush concert (mine too, actually.) In-freakin-credible. They played a full set of old and new stuff- then they opened the second set with the entire album "Moving Pictures." Then they kept playing! I could go on for pages. My daughter got to hear her anthem- "Free Will". And the traditional Neal Peart solo was. . . it was just. . . I seriously can't describe it. They finished up with an encore jam in pure Rush style- awesome- then rolled into a laid-back, mellow, Grateful Dead/Jimmy Buffet version of "Working Man." Then without warning they snapped into the straight version. :shock: :o 8-)
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Rush- "Time Machine" tour.

Postby PM2K » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:27 am

They are true originals and never disappoint in concert! :D

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Rush- "Time Machine" tour.

Postby dlodoski » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:58 am

Just to add to this a bit -

For all of you '40 something' Rush fans out there, you have to check out the 'Beyond the Lighted Stage' DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/Rush-Beyond-Light ... B003J27WFW

I was blown away by it. There's actually film footage of a 16 year old Alex Lifeson sitting at the family dinner table talking about how he doesn't see a point in finishing high school. Unreal!
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Return to “Off Topic”