A Moment Of Reflection This Morning

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

A Moment Of Reflection This Morning

Postby Mynock » Mon May 29, 2023 3:11 pm

Got up early this morning to get the smoker going. Didn't beat the sun but it was still early enough that the neighborhood was quiet except for about a thousand songbirds greeting the day from the Dogwood in the backyard. Clear blue sky, perfect temp, nice breeze, you can tell it's gonna just be a great day.

Then out of nowhere......on that breeze......comes the distant sound of Taps being played. Not perfectly, and I'm pretty sure it was a Trumpet and not the regulation Bugle, but my God did that just hit me right in the feels. :cry: :cry: :cry:

To everyone celebrating today here in the USA, remember to take a momement and reflect on what it costs to have days like this, and offer up a little prayer to the fallen who can't join us today.

IMG_3303.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

PA Jack

Re: A Moment Of Reflection This Morning

Postby PA Jack » Mon May 29, 2023 4:06 pm

With all the barbecues and parades, it’s easy to forget. My father, WWII navy vet, passed away in March at age 97, so I do not want to forget. Thanks for a good post today.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon May 29, 2023 7:02 pm

Well said. And well worth remembering.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Theo

Postby Theo » Mon May 29, 2023 8:35 pm

I flew my flag at half staff this morning, for all those who can't hoist a flag any more. Freedom is not free.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Return to “Off Topic”