2023 4th Of July Fireworks Haul

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

2023 4th Of July Fireworks Haul

Postby Mynock » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:59 pm

It's that time of year again. :twisted:
IMG_3419.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Duncan Edwards

Re: 2023 4th Of July Fireworks Haul

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:16 pm

Ah, the sight, the sound, the smell of gunpowder, the carnage, the fear, the singed hair. I miss the good old days of trying to hide burns from mom.

FireworksFail.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:51 pm

I honestly find the aerials are safer. You fuse them into a mortar rack, light one fuse, step back and enjoy the show. When I was little I was sword fighting my frogher with a two foot long 3000 degree flaming sparkler haha.
--Sun Tzu

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:23 pm

Mynock wrote:It's that time of year again. :twisted:

That is a badass collection. I've got some like that from Phantom Fireworks but not that many. Sweet!

Duncan Edwards wrote:Ah, the sight, the sound, the smell of gunpowder, the carnage, the fear, the singed hair. I miss the good old days of trying to hide burns from mom.

OMG... Does that dude even have a face left? He was still smoking after he hit the ground... :shock:
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:52 pm

sixgunzloaded wrote:That is a badass collection. I've got some like that from Phantom Fireworks but not that many. Sweet!

OMG... Does that dude even have a face left? He was still smoking after he hit the ground... :shock:

Phantom stores are honestly a ripoff. Inflated "BOGO" prices and they really rip you on the little stuff.

Find yourself a nice year around brick and mortar store, and buy yourself some mortar racks, don't go for the pre-fused "Fire and Forget" cakes. You can reuse mortar racks over and over again and save tons of money just buying shells and fusing them yourself.

If you buy the shells in bulk, and get cheaper ones as filler you can do a pretty reasonably priced show. The Nishiki and Ghotactular are top shelf with fancy effects but the Fear of the Darks are just noise makers on sale for about half price. If you spend a certain amount at the place I go to they give you a 15% store credit, which got me the 900 shot missiles for free, all the other little stuff cost between $8-$15 each.
I hand loaded and fused all these by hand last year. If I had bought pre fused cakes this would be a thousand dollar display, my cost was about $300

IMG_1855.jpeg
--Sun Tzu

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:44 pm

The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:22 pm

All types of fireworks, including those labeled ‘safe and sane’ are illegal in San Jose and most of Santa Clara County. Both San Jose and Santa Clara County have social host ordinances. The ordinances also hold the person hosting a gathering legally responsible for emergency response costs related to illegal fireworks.

If someone is cited for using illegal fireworks, fines start at $350 in Santa Clara County and at $1,000 for the City of San Jose.

:cry:

I haven't seen a firework stand in the county since the beginning of the 1980s. Too many damn people, too many home fires on the 4th.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:23 pm

This is how you do it safe. Pre-fused cake (one fuse and you stand back), setup safely (at least 50 yards) from spectators, or cars, or unattended boxes of open fireworks.
The only malfunction was my camera, which froze while I was trying to film it. Real shame, was a hell of a show. :twisted:

71021089438__760C7FBA-C651-4341-9588-14D9E025E0DF.jpeg
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Off Topic”