The Truth Is (Finally) Out There

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Boggy Man

Re: The Truth Is (Finally) Out There

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:23 am

This evening, I read an interesting article about the discovery of an essential molecule in space that could have seeded life on Earth, and other worlds:

https://nautil.us/we-came-from-outer-space-360264/?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

And, while reading through this thread, I kept on thinking about this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

fear359

Postby fear359 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:37 am

If anyone thought that we were the only ones in the entire universe, must be on a serious and long time high. We aren't alone and the reason no one has dropped in to say hi is would you fly action the space to land in this crazy planet? Liars, cheaters, murderers, rapist, we are like a TV show to them,. They let us see their ships so they can watch us all go crazy.

Theo

Postby Theo » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:53 am

Like others have said, I've always thought that for one to think that we are alone in a universe where there are more stars — let alone the planets that surround them — than grains of sand on all of Earth, is not logical (channeling my inner Spock here :lol: ). That said, given the incomprehensible vastness of space and the fragility of intelligent life, baring some future tech that we have yet to discover, the possibility that we are being visited by extraterrestrial life, while greatly intriguing, is also very remote.

That said, I also believe that hundreds of years from now we will look back on the technology of today as we do now look back on the primitive technology of the dark ages. So who knows what might be possible in the future, that is, if our reckless leaders don't send us back to the stone age before then.

I also have a somewhat more likely theory to explain some of the more unexplainable sightings. Maybe what we are seeing is our distant descendants coming back to visit and study our primitiveness. Many physicists and mathematicians agree that time travel is possible, given enough energy. So who knows, what we're seeing could be more "terrestrial" in nature than we sometimes think.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:14 pm

You can tell when a story of seeing an alien being is false (by intent or not) because the being tend to look like ourselves. The real ones look like (and ARE) cats, and the enslaved us millennia ago.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:52 pm

Fred588 wrote:You can tell when a story of seeing an alien being is false (by intent or not) because the being tend to look like ourselves. The real ones look like (and ARE) cats, and the enslaved us millennia ago.

we do wait on them hand and foot, and take out their poop :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:40 pm

Fred588 wrote:You can tell when a story of seeing an alien being is false (by intent or not) because the being tend to look like ourselves. The real ones look like (and ARE) cats, and the enslaved us millennia ago.

That makes me think......I can't for the life of me remember the title or Author, but when I was a kid I remember reading a really cool Sci-Fi/Adventure novel set thousands of years in the future where mankind had destroyed itself via nuclear war and Cats and Dogs had evolved to take our place.

The book doesn't explain this, which makes things confusing at first, but as the Cat-Man protagonist moves through the story he slowly learns about the strange ruins his people have lived among all their lives and the true origins of his own species and the "Barkers" which are the Dog-People antagonists.

Silly premise, but I remember it being a really good read.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:02 am

Certainly the math is in favor of life somewhere else - quadrillions, quintillions, and orders of magnitude beyond those numbers of stars and potential planets. The key factor is the limit on the speed of space travel. We keep saying that it is limited by the speed of light. That may be true, or maybe not - there may be physics beyond what we know now. It may not happen in this millennium, but a visit will certainly happen sometime. Probably not right now, but who knows?
Formerly jack c, years ago.

Return to “Off Topic”