Need TV Advice

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Re: Need TV Advice

Postby Mynock » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:55 pm

Nice. Gonna go to Best Buy and pickup a CU8000 this weekend. Thanks for letting me know I was on the right track!
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:47 am

Mynock wrote:Nice. Gonna go to Best Buy and pickup a CU8000 this weekend. Thanks for letting me know I was on the right track!

Enjoy it! I had one for a while and she served us well until I went a size up and donated it to our church. Speaking of TVs, I been busy installing several this week
IMG_0700.jpeg
71408934218__A34962D2-D9D7-4A0F-9565-CC8BE740DB51.jpeg
IMG_0699.jpeg
71383016390__62056DCA-E780-45AC-8F0B-1B80409E7D07.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:16 pm

The one over the mantle is really unique - blends with the room and doesn’t necessarily look like a TV when off.
Formerly jack c, years ago.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:46 pm

PA Jack wrote:The one over the mantle is really unique - blends with the room and doesn’t necessarily look like a TV when off.

Connected to a playback device it could become a Gallifreyan painting.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:56 pm

TK421 wrote:...Enjoy it! I had one for a while and she served us well until I went a size up and donated it to our church. Speaking of TVs, I been busy installing several this week...

Very nice. :-)

Takes me back to that days of residential work (store and restaurant owners had to live somewhere....). New construction and remodels weren't so bad. But existing construction sucked - especially lathe and plaster.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:03 pm

Fred588 wrote:
PA Jack wrote:The one over the mantle is really unique - blends with the room and doesn’t necessarily look like a TV when off.

Connected to a playback device it could become a Gallifreyan painting.

Absolutely.
Formerly jack c, years ago.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:47 pm

Samsung Frame TVs. Custom Bezel by Deco Frame. If you have a Samsung account, you can download art just for that purpose or just upload your own via USB Thumbdrive ;)
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:51 pm

dlodoski wrote:
TK421 wrote:...Enjoy it! I had one for a while and she served us well until I went a size up and donated it to our church. Speaking of TVs, I been busy installing several this week...

Very nice. :-)

Takes me back to that days of residential work (store and restaurant owners had to live somewhere....). New construction and remodels weren't so bad. But existing construction sucked - especially lathe and plaster.

I’m in New England. About 60% of the homes I deal with are all retrofit and about 50% of those are homes built before the 1950’s. Last week was a home in Fall River with literally 3 layers of construction over it so I was cutting through sheet rock, plaster and Lathe and Plaster. Every old work box I installed needed extending to work and I went through about 3 Rockwell blades LOL
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:32 pm

Ooooh boy, could I tell you some stories about my house lol. Did you know Contact Paper can be load bearing? :lol:

Got my CU8000 up and running. Samsung remote is weird and I might get a more normal aftermarket one to replace it, but otherwise.....damn. That upconverting really does work. Great color, blacks are actually black, couldn't be happier!
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

TK421

Postby TK421 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:05 pm

Mynock wrote:Ooooh boy, could I tell you some stories about my house lol. Did you know Contact Paper can be load bearing? :lol:

Got my CU8000 up and running. Samsung remote is weird and I might get a more normal aftermarket one to replace it, but otherwise.....damn. That upconverting really does work. Great color, blacks are actually black, couldn't be happier!

Oh that remote will take a minute to get acclimated to. I mean, I can navigate it like I used it forever because…well because I have LOL. Samsung IR codes rarely change across generations so you can get these guys and it should work

【Pack of 2】 New Universal Remote for All Samsung TV Remote, Replacement Compatible for All Samsung Smart TV, LED, LCD, HDTV, 3D, Series TV https://a.co/d/3Vki3N7
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

Return to “Off Topic”