Godzilla Minus One

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
EVysther

Godzilla Minus One

Postby EVysther » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:27 pm

Godzilla Minus One - remarkable movie - far more of a human interest/anti-war film than a smash-crumble-chomp atypical G Flick, but that is what makes it special...

Oh, trust me, the Big G is there, and when he shows up it’s spectacular - a truly viscous incarnation of the character, realized with the best CGI to date.

The best ever ever Godzilla film? I disagree there, there’s one or two better, but this is definably a game changer for the future of the franchise, at least in Japan.

What makes it work is the investment in the central characters - they’re believable, sympathetic, and you feel their struggles.

This is not for kids, btw - very dark, very intense, and very timely as well.

Four and half out of five stars
Eric Vysther

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery -
today is a gift...that's why it's called the present!
"

sixgunzloaded

Re: Godzilla Minus One

Postby sixgunzloaded » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:39 pm

Agree 100%. Saw it on Friday, going to see it again in IMAX tomorrow. Probably taking my wife to see it on Thursday (her day off), assuming it's still there.
I do love me some Gojira. :D :D :D
The only thing I could have wanted was more Big G screen time. And isn't that always the case? :lol:
I really hope this movie does extremely well for Toho. There's Oscar-level material here, IMO, and everyone involved deserves one.
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

Return to “Off Topic”