Did My Civic Duty For The Day....

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
MadMax359

Re: Did My Civic Duty For The Day....

Postby MadMax359 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:32 pm

well, remind me not to pass you the joint when it comes around...
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

bbjohn

Postby bbjohn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:12 am

schlamm wrote:just head down to the border area and you might have some who will shoot back.....

Rather ironic that it is once again wise to be packing a weapon when out riding the range working the cattle...coyotes are stealing horses so they can be used for pack animals and abandoned once the load is delivered on this side of the border.
Granted, what I ride with isn't what one would expect a traditional cowboy to be packing....but it makes the point LOUD AND CLEAR that this cowboy is best left alone, I have yet to have to pull the trigger after feeling the need to make it's presence known to someone

(but of course, the political powers that be continue to stick their head in the sand and apparently either don't care what is happening down here or fail to give a damn that people are dying at the hands of illegals NOT searching for a better life as they might like you to believe are primarily crossing illegally)

Sounds like you're from my neck of the woods. I live in Arizona, and it seems like every day we hear of more illegals dying in the desert after being abandoned by their "coyotes" or the cops and Feds raiding "drop houses" in Phoenix or Tucson.

From what I hear, the border towns like Douglas, Nogales and San Luis aren't so bad. However, the rural areas on the border have become very dangerous. The drug smugglers are getting bolder and meaner. While it's true the number of Border Patrol officers has been increased, so has the drug activity. It's only a matter of time before the violence on the Mexican side spills over to our side.

The big problem, of course, is Americans who use illegal drugs. They're the ones who give the cartels money so they can carry out their violent actions.

Any illegal drugs taken off the streets are a blow against the cartels. However, far bigger blows are struck when people decide not to use illegal drugs, or when a drug user goes into rehab and is able to quit for good. No marker means no money, and that means no more drug cartels.

It would be great to see the cartel bosses behind bars. It would be almost as good if they have to quit and get real jobs. Perhaps they could be telemarketers.

Big Bad John

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:36 am

I feel for you guys down in AZ. Trust me when I tell you the border states aren't the only one's being affected by that. We have huge illegal alien problem here in PA also, and everywhere the scumbags go drugs crime and violence inevitably follow.
For the record though, I had no clue what these guys were up to, some inner alarm bell just started ringing when I saw the car and the people in it. I was actually thinking more along the lines of "These guys are casing my house and getting ready to kick the door in" which is why I grabbed my gun first and the phone second.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Last edited by schlamm on Sun May 12, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:59 pm

I've always wanted an Uzi myself, but everytime I find one the dealers want an arm and a leg for them. Plus you have to sell your soul to the ATF for the tax stamp. For now I'll stick with the Rem 870 for home defense. I have an AR but having seen the penetration capabilities of 5.56 NATO I wouldn't dare shoot that off in a Neighborhood like the one I live in.
--Sun Tzu

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:20 am

Last edited by schlamm on Sun May 12, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:22 am

We've got a saying around here- "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." We've actually started keeping the front door locked, and keeping various sharp/pointy/heavy objects within easy reach.

You guys have nicer toys than I do. If it looks like we need to 'fort up' we've got a Springfield model 1898 (.30-40 Krag) a Remington 12 gauge semiauto, a bolt-action .410 with a tube magazine, and my deer gun - a single 12 that will load a 4" mag. Don't laugh at the little .410 "squirrel gun"- a 3" mag with a 1/4 oz slug carries plenty of energy for indoor use. :twisted:

We've got a neighbor who has a sturdy log house up on top of a little round hill, with a deep concrete basement. If things get too bad, a select group of like minded friends will join him there, and use earth, logs and stone to turn it in to a proper hill fort. 8-)
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

LordMuck
Location: Somewhere forward of INS 'McArthur's' port torpedo room, brewing poteen.

Postby LordMuck » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:00 am

There is something terribly depressing about all this- A Republic y'all own, and so many of you feeling the need (rightly or wrongly*) to pack longs or shorts in case of savage behaviour against your own fellow citizens.
Maybe that's the price of a Republic y'all own when run by representative democracy- That the stupid and the savage count for as much as the sane and the sage.
The jury remains out on that-But, if I may be so bold, never forget where you come from; You come from, in my experience... George Arnott.
Never heard of him? Thought not. He was just an ordinary guy from Philadelphia: He just happened to die with my uncle on 12th December, 1943. Serving in the Royal Air Force, Bomber Command.
Why? I'll let David Webster explain:
Right , sorry. he;s not going to: I've searched through the 5000+ books lurking in my garage and I can't find Ambrose's book, but I can paraphrase it from memory:
"If defeating evil was easy, every man would join the Quartermasters' branch; and then where would our country be?" Writing to his mother.
Arnott clearly believed in this wacky notion of personal responsibility; he believed in it so strongly- Believed in the values of the nation that gave him birth- That he died for it, several weeks before his transfer to the 8th USAAF came through. The only consolation I have is that he died in good company; my uncle was his best mate- The bloke he brought with him on leave- And maybe if he had to be buried, it was best to be alongside his friend.
Ironically, they're six graves apart in Oldenburg's British and Commonwealth War Cemetery. Nobody's fault- And here's the point- They were buried, and their graves tended by the Germans they were trying to kill.
All wars come to an end: Enemies become tourists... And tourists become friends; where you would least expect it.
My point?
Be glad America produces such values, and such men.
And no matter how angry I- Uh, you get, the same nation, indeed western civilisation has come through far sterner tests than this. And it's usually people like George Arnott that ensure we do. Just some ... Citizen.
Imagine his reaction to the 'culture wars' of today; to a nation seemingly more interested in being at war with itself than at war with the bad guys. Rome fell from within; we-Y'all- Would do well to remember that.
Oh yeah, there's some remembrance of some daft thing this week... Something about funny prop-driven planes and Ben Affleck:
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed by so many, to so few."
-Sir Winston Churchill
*(If it's my opinion, it's rightly. But that's me).
"Isaac Asimov has an asinine motto- 'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.' I agree with it completely- If it's read correctly. That is, only the incompetent wait until it's the last resort."
- jerry Pournelle

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:09 am

LordMuck wrote:There is something terribly depressing about all this- A Republic y'all own, and so many of you feeling the need (rightly or wrongly*) to pack longs or shorts in case of savage behaviour against your own fellow citizens.

I just consider it a fact of life. In every society, past, present, and future There are/are going to be good people and bad. Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people. I guess what I'm saying is, shit happens. 8-)
--Sun Tzu

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:32 am

To LordMuck -- Well said.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Return to “Off Topic”