Amelia Earhart’s Long-Lost Plane Discovered On Auxiliary Runway At LaGuardia

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Amelia Earhart’s Long-Lost Plane Discovered On Auxiliary Runway At LaGuardia

Postby Mynock » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:19 pm

Short but funny article from The Onion. If you've ever had to fly out of LaGarbadge it's almost believable. :lol:

https://www.theonion.com/amelia-earhart ... 1851221366
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

MadMax359

Re: Amelia Earhart’s Long-Lost Plane Discovered On Auxiliary Runway At LaGuardia

Postby MadMax359 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:27 pm

i used to think of LaGuardia as the worst... but had to use it last September and the part i was in was new and shiny and excellent
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Meeca

Re: Amelia Earhart’s Long-Lost Plane Discovered On Auxiliary Runway At LaGuardia

Postby Meeca » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:58 am

She sadly ended up as fish food.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:32 am

I lived in Fort Lauderdale for a year in the 80's. The far ramp at the local airport was cluttered with every kind of general aviation plane you could imagine, all abandoned by drug runners. Nearly all were old and moldy and were purchased/stolen for a one way trip. Eventually the FAA/DEA and Airport Authority began selling the as scrap or fixer-uppers. I recall the local sheriff telling a news reporter that Ms. Earhart and her plane were probably there somewhere. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:31 am

Recently, in the news, there was a story about the discovery of what could potentially be Amelia Earhart's plane:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/explorers-say-amelia-earhart-plane-found-1.7103183
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:37 pm

Okay, definitely not a Lockheed Electra. But it makes sense guess, she probably expired while in line waiting to takeoff :lol:
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:27 pm

She's probably still in the Baggage Claim waiting for her lost suitcases to turn up.
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:40 pm

MadMax359 wrote:i used to think of LaGuardia as the worst... but had to use it last September and the part i was in was new and shiny and excellent

I admittedly was only there twice, and it was a few years ago, but both times were the worst airport experience of my frigging life. 2-3 hours in the security line, insane crowds, Felt like a 10 mile hike to the terminal and half the moving walkways were broke.

All that cause my super smart boss thought taking a direct flight would be easier than a connection out of our small regional airport where you literally could show up an hour before wheels up and still have time to grab breakfast. :roll:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:13 pm

Big city + Big airport = Big hassles.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Return to “Off Topic”