Hitler learns about the new 3DS

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
MuddyEddie

Hitler learns about the new 3DS

Postby MuddyEddie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:27 am

I always wondered what it was that pushed Hitler over the edge. This video explains it all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQ9_0xk1Zk

Eddie

Mynock

Re: Hitler learns about the new 3DS

Postby Mynock » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:40 am

HAHAHA.....I'll be honest I have no clue what he's ranting about but I love these spoofs in general. It's great how that one scene from that one movie can work so many ways just by switching the subtitles.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:57 am

bart1997 wrote:Well, for me it is a total miracle why this scene is spoofed so often in the english-world. And just in case you are interested what he's really complaining about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XarxjoBaskY (only medium quality)

Oh, it's not hard to figure out why that gets spoofed. That's a mighty spoofable scene. I don't even play video games or know what a 3DS is...but that was hilarious.

I saw a different spoof of that scene awhile back, but I can't find it now. This is the first time I knew what the real dialogue was.

He sure had a bad day. Can't say, though, that my heart exactly broke for him.

Nessie

MuddyEddie

Postby MuddyEddie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:48 am

bart1997 wrote:Well, for me it is a total miracle why this scene is spoofed so often in the english-world. And just in case you are interested what he's really complaining about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XarxjoBaskY (only medium quality)

I'm one of those strange people that has the movie on DVD. I'm a history buff, and love movies that at least come close to the truth. This one, "Der Untergang", is fairly accurate in how it depicts the German war machine in action.

Of course, I also have three seasons of "Hogan's Heroes" in my DVD collection too! But I can't say that those have any historical significance at all! :geek:

Eddie

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:22 am

Now that was great! I'm rolling on the floor with hilarity !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for posting !!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:22 am

MuddyEddie wrote:Of course, I also have three seasons of "Hogan's Heroes" in my DVD collection too! But I can't say that those have any historical significance at all! :geek:

Eddie

Now...if somebody told you that they were planning to make a half-hour sitcom about American captives in a WWII Nazi prison camp...with jokes about Hitler and the Russian front...and a fat dumb guard who was always going, "I know no-THING, no-THING!"...

Wouldn't you tell 'em that far as concepts goes, this one would totally bomb?

That show was really funny. I watched it a lot when I was a kid.

Nessie

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Nessie wrote:
MuddyEddie wrote:Of course, I also have three seasons of "Hogan's Heroes" in my DVD collection too! But I can't say that those have any historical significance at all! :geek:

Eddie

Now...if somebody told you that they were planning to make a half-hour sitcom about American captives in a WWII Nazi prison camp...with jokes about Hitler and the Russian front...and a fat dumb guard who was always going, "I know no-THING, no-THING!"...

Wouldn't you tell 'em that far as concepts goes, this one would totally bomb?

That show was really funny. I watched it a lot when I was a kid.

Nessie

I loved it too. I understand it is also a big hit in Germany where it is dubbed with all the proper regional accents. Klink sounds like an aristocrat, Schultz is a bumpkin, all the SS sound like jerks, and so forth. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

newtothis2

Postby newtothis2 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:27 pm

I may be straying here but, HaHa, I love/loved that show, there are still reruns showing on a few cable channels. I remember in H.S. the German nun who taught our German class HATED Hogans Hero's. You didn't dare bring it up in class and if you did she would just shoot you a look that said, "Don't make me come back there". :lol: :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”