Poser v DAZ Studio

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
commadore

Poser v DAZ Studio

Postby commadore » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:18 am

I have an old Poser 5 program disc that I found today, but I can't find the serial number to use it. So, unless I find the serial number, I've been looking into DAZ Studio. Now, what I want to do with something like that would be the kind of images the Mirador makes here, as well as just general scene images (like a soldier at war, auto racing scene, etc). Now, I see that DAZ is free, but I would need to buy plug-ins for certain things. The question that I ask is what all I would need from DAZ to make the above? I would like to know if I need to buy something to do what I want instead of downloading it and finding out I can't do a scene without having to buy something for it.

Hope that is clear for everyone. Thanks for reading and any replies to help. I'll keep looking for that damn Poser code, but I would like to know if DAZ would be a suitable alternative.

Again, thanks.

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:37 am

Last edited by schlamm on Sun May 12, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Re: Poser v DAZ Studio

Postby Qsvgitguy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:37 pm

Well said Schlamm,

One thing you might want to consider is that they are up to Poser 8 and Poser Pro 2010. You may want to do a search on Poser 7. It's much better than Poser 5 (which was a disaster!) and I've seen it selling for as little as 43 dollars.

http://www.google.com/products?q=poser+ ... CEMQrQQwBA

Good luck,

commadore

Re: Poser v DAZ Studio

Postby commadore » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:47 am

Thanks for the replies. With money being tight, I can't aford to spend a lot on a program, but I'll look into getting Poser 7 for cheap if I can.

Again, thanks.

Return to “Off Topic”