-

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Re: Finally: Caught & Frisked by the police

Postby Mynock » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:22 am

^^^That's a good one!
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:43 am

Tying a backstory to geocaching is a nice touch, I like it. However, just like with fishing, watch out or it can also catch you instead if you don't have a ready to hand explaination for every GPS coordinate you've just irrevocably tied to your story. Your information can be retrieved later and analyzed too. Not necessarily a problem, just something to be aware of. However, I know that if I kept a GPS track of my movements, they would sometimes appear quite convoluted if analyzed against "normal" geocache search behavior.

But I like the idea, just saying make sure your story matches your GPS track. Me, I power off my cell phone the minute I head towards a mudpit as they leave a GPS track too (via triangulation) and I would not want my cell phone to preserve evidence for use in a court of law against me.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:10 am

mudxdresser wrote: Me, I power off my cell phone the minute I head towards a mudpit as they leave a GPS track too (via triangulation) and I would not want my cell phone to preserve evidence for use in a court of law against me.

Yeah, and you know how the NSA comes down on suspicious muddy people. :lol:

I know my little antics don't begin to approach any muddy misadventures you might have had but really, have you ever actually had a problem with law enforcement that required such preparation? 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:36 am

mudxdresser wrote:Me, I power off my cell phone the minute I head towards a mudpit as they leave a GPS track too (via triangulation) and I would not want my cell phone to preserve evidence for use in a court of law against me.

Gee...I have yet to join the cell phone revolution. I probably should. Something in me balks, though, at the idea of 24/7 availability.

But when I do get one, and I'm sure someday I'll have to...it's coming with me. I'll even keep it well-charged up and in reach when I'm sinking.

If I ever get into SERIOUS difficulty out there, I'm pretty sure that the rescue squad, and even a minor criminal record as a result, is preferable to the alternative!

Nessie

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:19 am

Not to make toooooo fine a point...but...yes...you may assume I know of what I speak...

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:01 am

mudxdresser wrote:Not to make toooooo fine a point...but...yes...you may assume I know of what I speak...

I don't assume a thing. I know for a fact that you do.

I can't use the GPS backstory, though, because I wouldn't know a GPS coordinate if it bit me in the nose. I navigate by Google Earth, the position of the sun in the sky, the tallest tree visible over a sea of cattails...and I have developed an excellent memory for even subtle differences in the patterns of growth of various marsh plants.

I can't remember numbers at all but when a bog flower dies...I not only notice, but I mourn.

Nessie

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:08 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:32 am

bart1997 wrote:Well, not sure about the NSA, but sometimes when i see some helicopter high in the skies i perfectly know they must be searching for me :lol:

Around this time last year, I had a mudpit with a plane. That plane had skis on it and it landed in the lake, floated all the way down it, and then it took off...over and over, for hours on end.

The only explanation I can think of is flying lessons. A patrol would want to fly over all the lakes in the area...not just that one. And the routine would be very boring for a recreational pilot.

It flew pretty low, though, and that drove me nuts. About every half hour I'd hear that thing roaring in, and I'd have to duck into the weeds! I could never sink in a clearing. I had to stay in the cattails because of that plane.

It's there this year too, but I'm at the next lake over now. No mud at the old spot now due to rising water. I just see it in the air sometimes...over there.

Nessie

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:37 am

Actually, I'm just trying to delicately suggest a somewhat sensitive issue. Most mud fetishists that do outdoor activities are just a little over the line of illegality and like to imagine that they are not actually over the line. I won't bore you with the pyschobabble of why this is so, I'll just assert that law enforcement is in no way concerned or deterred by your delusions of what is legal or illegal. The fact is, in most jurisdictions the world over, normal mud fetish behavior at an outdoor location is either trespassing or lewd behavior in some way, at the minimum.

So, I understand that recognition of that reality is something that must be denied. All I'm saying is that there are risks associated with that denial. Talk to a lawyer and describe every aspect of your behavior doing your outdoor mud fetish activity and, in most instances, the lawyer will tell you that you have some legal vunerability at some point during your activity. However, they will also educate you as to how you can make it very difficult for law enforcement to take advantage of you if you understand how to defend youself.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:36 am

mudxdresser wrote:Most mud fetishists that do outdoor activities are just a little over the line of illegality and like to imagine that they are not actually over the line.

Well, you have to admit that trespassing, by itself, is a criminal issue all its own. It's got nothing to do with fetish at all.

Other than that...I've been law-surfing within my state and nothing I can find answers the questions. Everything I can dig up on the subject of nudity, public masturbation and lewd behavior in my home state assumes that the nekkidness and jerking-off is done either with the intent of being seen, or with careless disregard for the possibility of being seen. Since we spend a lot of time trying very hard not to be seen, we don't fit this.

Got a feeling that whether one gets arrested for nothing more than getting off in a mudpit is going to depend a great deal on the mood of the officer involved and the attitude of the muddy one toward that officer. It's pretty common knowledge that being lippy to a cop is more likely to get you into handcuffs. But even if you do get charged...given the lack of laws to address such a situation, what exactly would happen in court?

Good news: Google "disorderly conduct lawyer" or "sex crimes lawyer" and a nice selection shows up. Considering what they usually get to defend, they might be happy to take a case like this!

Nessie

Return to “Off Topic”