For Nessie - Charlie Update

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
reisen55

For Nessie - Charlie Update

Postby reisen55 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:09 pm

As of this writing, the wandering Maltipoo is at PetSmart being groomed, will upload a new picture as soon as the rodent, as we now call him, comes home.

Nessie
Producer

Re: For Nessie - Charlie Update

Postby Nessie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:00 am

I'm happy to see that Charlie has settled in. And when the picture comes, I know it'll be cute!

I couldn't get another dog, because...well...I'm just not home enough these days to take proper care of one. My job turned over twice while I had Tara, and while she had lots of attention at first, slowly, my time got eaten up and money for the vet got low as the economy around here soured, and by the time she died, we were not together nearly as much as I would have preferred.

But...I cracked. There IS an animal on my lap right now. I don't have to walk this animal and I don't have to worry about where he is when I'm not home (and he doesn't poop on the floor if I'm late either and since I always know where he is, he won't need rabies shots).

I now have a white rat. And he's very tame and affectionate. He's sitting here being petted, having "out of cage" time with me.

He's not as big as a dog but he loves me.

Nessie

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:29 am

Nessie wrote:I now have a white rat. And he's very tame and affectionate. He's sitting here being petted, having "out of cage" time with me. He's not as big as a dog but he loves me.
Nessie

Sounds like his heart is big enough.... and that's what matters. :)

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:53 pm

Taken 5 minutes ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Postby Lomax » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:10 pm

reisen55 wrote:Taken 5 minutes ago.

Blimey - almost an entire dog.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:07 am

Oh! Cuteness! Cuteness!

Is it my imagination?...no, it's probably not!

Anyway, with every picture, Charlie looks happier and more content. This one seems to show a dog with a big smile on his face! He looks relaxed and well-cared for (and well-groomed of course) and I got a feeling that this is a dog who loves his owners.

Nessie

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:11 am

So, you think your pet is a rodent?

Ha! Ha! Charlie's huge! He's humongous! He's absolutely monstrous!

I'll show you a REAL rodent!

It was hard to get good pictures of him. He's kind of small even when the camera's set to "tulip" instead of "mountain".

This is Lloyd. We've begun a beautiful relationship. They only live 2-3 years, so I realize it's destined to be a short-term love affair but Lloyd is gonna get me though these tough times.

Nessie

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:02 am

And yours is total cute as well, and puts to an end the lie that Rats are lousy pets. Their city counterparts live a hard life of course, but enjoy yours. When I was a 'kid" more than a few years ago, we owned, for 3 years, a descented skunk. Darling animal and the best home protection you can have!!!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:39 am

reisen55 wrote:And yours is total cute as well, and puts to an end the lie that Rats are lousy pets.

Rats aren't like dogs but they are pretty smart compared to, say, gerbils. (I've tried gerbils but they were all permanently wild.). I wasn't going to go with white since I have a liking for the big black kind. If they look like they're the rats that roam the sewers of New York City, that's my kind of rat.

But when they let me hold this one, he calmed right down and seemed very tame. Cuddly personality wins out over mere color every time. Didn't hurt that he was the largest rat in the cage. I hope he grows even more.

Little Charlie is getting cuter all the time. Nice haircut he's got now, too. It's the equivalent of a human male acquiring a classy suit.

Nessie

Return to “Off Topic”