Book 'em Dano

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Robert
Producer

Book 'em Dano

Postby Robert » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:54 am

James Gordon MacArthur passed yesterday. Many of you know him as Dano from "Hawaii Five O". He was much more then that. Star of stage, screen, and radio as well. My personal favorite was "The Great Adventure" Broadcast back in January of 1964 on the CBS television network.

Rest Well James, and thanks.

Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Book 'em Dano

Postby PM2K » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:00 am

Another original lost... :(

Now, didn't he also had a muddy scene as well in Swiss Family Robinson (1960?) when he and the gang rescued a zebra from a muddy pit?

bbjohn

Re: Book 'em Dano

Postby bbjohn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:52 pm

PM2K wrote:Another original lost... :(

Now, didn't he also had a muddy scene as well in Swiss Family Robinson (1960?) when he and the gang rescued a zebra from a muddy pit?

I know he had at least one muddy scene in Swiss Family Robinson. The story was the family had a fun day as a break from their work at just surviving on the island. There was a race, and I believe MacArthur was riding the aforementioned zebra. The animal threw him and he wound up in the mud. From what I've read, that was a blooper. That was not in the script. However, upon seeing the footage, the director thought it was so funny, he decided to leave it in.

MacArthur had acting in his blood. His mother was none other than Helen Hays, the First Lady of Broadway.

So long, Danno. We'll miss you.

Big Bad John

Return to “Off Topic”