Blake Edwards

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
reisen55

Blake Edwards

Postby reisen55 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:11 am

As anyone who sees my avatar knows, I am an enormous fan of Edwards. Sad to lament his passing today but a fine comedy and DRAMATIC director shall be missed. Drama? Turn to DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES but shall we always recall Inspector Clouseau, Professor Fate, the manic Dudley Moore in 10, Richard Mulligan in S.O.B. and so many others. In the best tradition of Hollywood, he finally PUSHED THE BUTTON and won it it HIS WAY.

R.I.P
Professor

Duncan Edwards

Re: Blake Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:59 am

Recently watched one his movies with my wife and daughter, Operation Petticoat, with Tony Curtis and Cary Grant. It was adult but clean enough for a ten year old to miss the double entendre that was so deftly sprinkled throughout the film. He had an appreciation for slapstick that rivaled the Three Stooges and the heart of a romantic poet. No wonder he got to have Julie Andrews. Good run Mr. Edwards. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Robert
Producer

Re: Blake Edwards

Postby Robert » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:45 am

Fare well Blake.. and thanks for all the laughs!

Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Off Topic”