Charlie Update for Nessie

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
reisen55

Charlie Update for Nessie

Postby reisen55 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Caught the attached last night when he, and the schnoodle, were locked in the bedroom.

Crouching, waiting................
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nessie
Producer

Re: Charlie Update for Nessie

Postby Nessie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:35 am

That's hilarious.

It's a nose...just a nose...it's the funniest, cutest nose I ever saw!

(How did this slip under my radar, though? This says you posted it Wednedsay. I'm supposed to find Charlie posts right away. I working too hard, and coming home tired.)

Nessie

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:17 pm

Don't worry Nessie, it is winter and without a soft bog around, your mind begins to fail. Happens every year.

LOL.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:18 am

reisen55 wrote:Don't worry Nessie, it is winter and without a soft bog around, your mind begins to fail. Happens every year.

LOL.

Yep, it does...the bog is not soft right now at all.

What I've got is soft snow. And I'm starting to suspect that an hour of snowshoeing equals about double the time of ordinary walking on unsnowy paths.

Pictures of soft dogs, though, are always welcome and comforting.

Nessie

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:05 pm

February 1 - Charlie does not like walking in snow. His four padders are very sensitive.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:02 am

reisen55 wrote:February 1 - Charlie does not like walking in snow. His four padders are very sensitive.

Awww...maybe you need to get him a set of booties! I think they do make doggie booties. Maybe he needs a little doggie coat too.

My little wienie-beanie came to me when her first mommy died. Mommy #1 lived in a warm and sunny state that never saw ice or snow.

The first time it snowed, I tried to put her out to go potty several times but every time she found herself with her feet sitting in THAT WHITE STUFF, she paddled madly on the door and demanded to be let back in. Finally I gave up and headed toward the door to go out myself to go to work..maybe she didn't really have to go potty after all...

Oh, yes, she had to go all righty. SPLAT! There it was, all over the kitchen floor!

So I got to delay leaving for a few minutes to clean that up!

Every year she had a few days of trouble getting used to it when it suddenly turned white outside. She would adjust after a day or two but I did have to make sure that a little area for her was shoveled, because when you're a dachschund whose legs are only a couple inches long, it doesn't take much snow to seriously impede your efforts to go potty. I'm not sure, though, that it was necessarily worse than her first home. Snow is very cold, but over there all the yards are rock beds because it's a desert and grass won't even grow...and when the temperature climbed to over a hundred in July, I am pretty sure that those rocks were very hot!

Nessie

Return to “Off Topic”