We'll Miss You, Grasshopper

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
QuicksandMania

Re: We'll Miss You, Grasshopper

Postby QuicksandMania » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Yeah, autoerotic asphyxiation -- I know some people here practice it in the bog -- BE CAREFUL!

I liked everything David Carradine did even if I wasn't crazy about some of the movies themselves. He did well at all his roles. I feel sad about what happened. He deserved a more noble exit.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:28 am

Either that, or the five-point-palm exploding heart technique. ;)

I always wanted to meet him. He was in awesome shape for a 72 year old. Really sad the way he went (if that's the way it went down) but hey- he had just started a movie- still working in his craft at 72! He apparently died fairly quickly and painlessly (perhaps even pleasurably) rather than face the ravages of old age.

QuicksandMania wrote:Yeah, autoerotic asphyxiation -- I know some people here practice it in the bog -- BE CAREFUL!

I liked everything David Carradine did even if I wasn't crazy about some of the movies themselves. He did well at all his roles. I feel sad about what happened. He deserved a more noble exit.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:47 am

nachtjaeger wrote:He apparently died fairly quickly and painlessly (perhaps even pleasurably) rather than face the ravages of old age.

I agree...all the facts aren't in yet, but the only alternatives I see are murder and suicide. Death-by-fetish would be the means by which he suffered the least.

I have had a hard time getting David out of my mind. Not only was he the object of a considerable amount of teenage wish-dreaming, and so this hurts, but I see enough parallels with what many of us...including me...do to disturb me.

Tis true that most deep mudpits are not dangerous at all.

But after things went wrong, David may have had only three minutes for somebody to find him and save him. Many of us go so far out, and to places where people are not, that we might still be missing after three years pass.

I find it sad that if the verdict does end up being that his death was an accident, there will be folks who think less of him.

They shouldn't.

Nessie

Return to “Off Topic”