Moved from General Discussion - Off topic but belongs here

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
julie

Re: Moved from General Discussion - Off topic but belongs he

Postby julie » Sun May 15, 2011 2:25 am

I was in Middle school when 911 happened, I remember the guy that used to cut out grass on a John Deere tractor stopped in the middle of the field and screamed " oh my God" then the teachers all listened to their radios and took us all back in side the school, and locked the doors.
I'm usually a real nice girl, and I don't usually hate anybody, but I really hope he rots in hell forever
Ok where do guys put all that food they eat?

jack c

Postby jack c » Wed May 18, 2011 2:06 am

Killing someone is not a happy occasion, regardless. However, this person declared war on the US and as such was an enemy combatant and commander - fair game in any situation in my opinion. We will move on and continue to have enemies who envy and resent the basic freedom, however flawed, that the US represents. There is a reason that hundreds of thousands of people annually want to illegally come into this country to improve their lives. I cannot blame any of these folks for wanting to cross the Rio Grande - I think we should control it better, though. History is replete with wars and conflicts, however imperfect. Osama's death is just one step in the process. I neither grieve nor criticize.

Our military personnel who took part in this are priceless, however, and have my eternal appreciation.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Wed May 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Better yet, under the Geneva Convention, non-signatories to the Conventions (like the Taliban and Al Qaeda) are only entitled to its protections so long as they abide by its rules. Once they started slaughtering civilians and beheading prisoners, it became open season.

If you're up for some really heavy brain-tiring reading on the subject the Bhagavad Gita goes way, way into the morals of killing in war. The Cliff Notes answer- not because we enjoy it, or because it's a good thing- but because it has to be done.

jack c wrote:Killing someone is not a happy occasion, regardless. However, this person declared war on the US and as such was an enemy combatant and commander - fair game in any situation in my opinion. We will move on and continue to have enemies who envy and resent the basic freedom, however flawed, that the US represents. There is a reason that hundreds of thousands of people annually want to illegally come into this country to improve their lives. I cannot blame any of these folks for wanting to cross the Rio Grande - I think we should control it better, though. History is replete with wars and conflicts, however imperfect. Osama's death is just one step in the process. I neither grieve nor criticize.

Our military personnel who took part in this are priceless, however, and have my eternal appreciation.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “Off Topic”