My non-QS drawings

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
IcarusJ

Re: My non-QS drawings

Postby IcarusJ » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:23 pm

You've got a lot of really good drawings Billie. Especially the self-portrait.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:27 pm

They are all great but the swimsuit calendar image says a lot to me. Here is an artist who looks at and learns his subject so well that the drawing is probably the easy part for him. She's got the curb under her feet and standing on her toes just like a real pinup model would. Perfect. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:03 am

Very impressive, sir! Your Quicksand Art is superb, but so is your Non-Quicksand Art. There's a certain "feeling" in all of them I can relate to and enjoy. AND, there actually is more to the world than Damsels Sinking In Quicksand, and you have the vision, versatility, and desire to capture those on paper. Thank you for sharing!

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:21 am

Very, very good indeed! Of course I love your pencil sketches as I'm a fan of that medium.
Arrakis trains the faithful.

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:33 pm

IcarusJ, Duncan Edwards, water_bug_62208, stevensenechal, thank you! I appreciate it much!

Yes, Duncan, you're quite right. I spent a lot of time thinking about the pose. In fact, after I have drawn the girl, I found that the background doesn't fit good to her pose, so I drew two more backgrounds, and chose the best of them. And yes, I have to look and learn. How could I draw if I wouldn't understand the subject? ;)

stevensenechal, pencils demand more serious approach then mine. Special paper, special pencils. I don't have them. I usually draw with a usual pencil that remained from Soviet times (20 years, yeah), or with a cheap Chinese mechanical pencil. And I draw in a usual notebook with checked paper.

Well, I forgot to post one more picture. The same Alya with her friend Valya under the sun ;)
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:23 pm

Thanks for showing us a glance of your work area for drawing! Also, cool artwork. I enjoyed the exchange of dialog between Alya and Valya. Thanks for sharing!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:17 am

Sorry I haven't responded to the earlier posts. Your work is superb, Billie, no matter the subject. :D

Glad you are hear to share it with us.

bbjohn

Postby bbjohn » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:20 am

Love the drawings, Billie. Not only are you a talented artist, you have quite a sense of humor, too! What I noticed was that, in all of your drawings, you can get insight into the character's personality. That always makes an artwork stronger and more effective. I'm going to have to check out your galleries on Deviant Art.

"Incompatible Technology" is something I can relate to. A while back where I work, we needed a new cable for one of our printers. The tech person sent us one that was incompatible with the equipment. We told him that, and his response was we were too dumb to figure out how to use it. After a couple of weeks, he came to our office determined to show us what idiots we were.

Guess what? He looked at the cable and the printer and said, "Hey, these are incompatible!"

D-uh! Well, at least I felt good about seeing him make a fool of himself. :lol:

Something I've learned is there is no shortage of artistic talent on this site! :D The quality, quanity and differing styles are something to see.

Big Bad John

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:34 pm

water_bug_62208 wrote:I enjoyed the exchange of dialog between Alya and Valya.
You can imagine what sort of fantasies Alya has, as she use to get herself in a sticky situations daily (or, at least, weekly) ;)

bbjohn wrote:"Incompatible Technology" is something I can relate to. A while back where I work, we needed a new cable for one of our printers. The tech person sent us one that was incompatible with the equipment. We told him that, and his response was we were too dumb to figure out how to use it. After a couple of weeks, he came to our office determined to show us what idiots we were.

Guess what? He looked at the cable and the printer and said, "Hey, these are incompatible!"
Oh! Your office was honored with a visit of Captain Obvious himself! :lol:

PM2K, it's OK, and you shouldn't be sorry! I know that you're here, and I enjoy your contributions. And I remember good times at Smartgroups ;)

Thank you guys!
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:03 am

Billie Bonce wrote:And this one... This is actually my self-portrait. I'm a bit aged on it, with a purpose. In reality I'm looking a bit younger, I don't have Revox B77 (it was my dream at those times when I couldn't buy anything like that), and I do know how to connect an MP3 player to my Harman Kardon AV receiver that I really have.

All of these are very good. I have seen your self-portrait before and I think that is excellent. I like the mood it casts and the detail in it. Although I don't know how old you actually are, I do think that you show a lot of character in it.

It has been interesting to see what everybody draws when it isn't girls in quicksand!

Nessie

Return to “Off Topic”