My non-QS drawings

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Billie Bonce

My non-QS drawings

Postby Billie Bonce » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Many of you could see my non-QS drawings featuring DID on Sticky-Site and Fantasy Danger Island. Most of them and some more (including non-DID stuff) are on Deviantart, too. I just thought there's nothing wrong if I show them here. Could be, somebody doesn't visit the places mentioned above.

Here are some DID drawings that I like.

The thumbnails are clickable. If you don't see the thumbnails below this paragraph please let me know. They are visible from the most areas of the world, but sometimes the owners of our file-sharing sites block the countries from which they usually get complaints.
Image Image Image
These pictures are all about my beloved character Alya the Unlucky. Usually her misfortune starts when she tries to prove that her butt isn't fat (it isn't fat indeed). To her misfortune, she always able to get in but she rarely able to get out on her own. You may remember, she had some dramatic situations in quicksand, too. I posted the pictures here and on DS, and you may expect more in the near future.

I also like to draw her in non-DID situations. Here are the two pictures that I posted on Deviantart to mark 1000 and 2000 pageviews of my gallery, respectively.
Image Image

And here are some pictures from other places, including my another gallery on Deviantart, which is completely non-DID. I try to avoid any linking between these galleries since the second one is known to people who know me in real life (including my students and my daughter).
Image Image Image
These are just a simple "character studies"

This one is called "one hour before dawn". Was drawn for a competition at one forum that I participate.

And this one... This is actually my self-portrait. I'm a bit aged on it, with a purpose. In reality I'm looking a bit younger, I don't have Revox B77 (it was my dream at those times when I couldn't buy anything like that), and I do know how to connect an MP3 player to my Harman Kardon AV receiver that I really have.

The picture is called "Incompatibility of Technologies". It was inspired by my communication with some guys on the forum that I mentioned above. Considering the age, each of the guys could be my son, but they usually don't care, as well as me. So they invited me to participate at Last.fm where they started a group. After long discussion which media player I have to install on my PC, etc., I finally said that I don't use to listen to the music on my PC (it's a laptop, by the way). Then one of the guys have written those words about the incompatibility of technologies. Yes, it exists. I do prefer to listen to the music on a good Hi-Fi system.

That's it for now. I hope, I didn't bother anybody with this long posting.

Yours truly,

Billie
Last edited by Billie Bonce on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

quagmire_uk

Re: My non-QS drawings

Postby quagmire_uk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:57 am

Oh wow! These are fantastic! Especially the aged self-portrait, and the pic of Ayla excercising. Is she winking at us? :) The "one hour before dawn" in beautiful.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:13 pm

You have talent, my friend! :D

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:26 pm

There are rare occasions, very rare, when not everything I look at has to involve a fabulous looking lady.

These are all wonderful work but the "Incompatible Technologies" really strikes a cord. A great artist knows his subject matter and his audience and here you have succeeded very well. Thank you for taking the trouble to share these. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Thank you guys for the kind words!
quagmire_uk wrote: Is she winking at us? :)
Yes, but she's a bit tired, so it's not that obvious ;)

The legend says, after Alya got stuck in quicksand for the second time, and after she had to be rescued for the second time (both times she couldn't get out on her own) she was quite upset that her legs are not strong enough. Previously she was proud that her legs are strong, and well toned, and beautifully shaped, and all that just because she does alpine skiing... But being unable to pull her own legs out of quicksand was very embarrassing experience. That's why she decided to train her legs more. But well, we all know that this is futile. ;)

Duncan Edwards wrote:These are all wonderful work but the "Incompatible Technologies" really strikes a cord.
There was something mystical with this drawing. I believe I crossed some line... don't know which one...

I had an idea of such drawing for some time. When there was a challenge for a duel with the topic "self portrait" (yes, this one was also drawn for a competition) I just couldn't refuse. The time for the work was three days. And those were working days. I usually draw much more slowly. Of course, I used references for myself (took a photo) and for the tape recorder (downloaded a bunch of photos from the Internet).

In a short time after posting the picture I was seriously ill, the most likely it was just a coincidence, but I use to believe that all the coincidences are not occasional. But it is only a half of a story. In several months after that I prepared to reinstall the OS on my laptop with reformatting the HDD. I prepared thoroughly. I made backups for all my files (no problems with that: I have 40 GB internal HDD and 320 GB external one), all the settings and bookmarks of the internet browser, all the contact information in the messenger, all the e-mail folders. Guess what I lost? The only one file. The original of this picture (photoshop format, 2000x2000 px). I had to download the picture back from the Internet. And all that I have now is jpeg 768x768. Strange thing, really.
So many different suns

General Woundwort

Postby General Woundwort » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:04 pm

I concur, these are excellent works of art; I am also in agreement that "Incompatibility of Technologies" is even more. It could easily be the cover of a work of science fiction (such a cover would entice me to look inside). Seriously, I imagine seeing that picture in a collection of the great images of science fiction. Excellent work - so sorry to hear about the illness and image loss.

Should Boris Strugatsky - now without his deceased brother - again create an idea on the par of Roadside Picnic), perhaps he could use some cover art.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:16 pm

Wow Billie. Just....wow. :shock:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:39 pm

General Woundwort wrote:Should Boris Strugatsky - now without his deceased brother - again create an idea on the par of Roadside Picnic), perhaps he could use some cover art.

Probably you couldn't say anything more pleasant to me. You just hit the point. You mentioned my the most favorite book. Thank you!
So many different suns

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 am

These drawings are great, Billie! Alya is a beautiful lady. I like how you've depicted her in other situations and activities.

I particularly like One Hour Before Dawn. Over the years I've found myself in similar settings, buttoning up the coat and flipping up the collar, and the feeling of the night's chill as I gazed up at the stars. I also recall staying up all night with friends and watching the sun rise on Christmas morning.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Since there is a topic about other members' non-QS drawings, I decided to update this topic. I hope this wouldn't be considered as 'bumping'

This is just a rather quick sketch that I did during one boring meeting of our department in the university. Done with pen on a back side of a desk calendar

This picture was done for a "Sexy Swimsuit Contest" at DeviantArt. I hope, the swimsuit is really sexy.

And this picture was almost done more than a year ago, but was finished only this Summer. Girl, Autumn, Rain. I insist that this is not a commercial for Avira Antivir ;)
So many different suns

Return to “Off Topic”