We've Lost Farrah

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
General Woundwort

Re: We've Lost Farrah

Postby General Woundwort » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:...May his legacy be a million rude jokes and rumors. 8-)

Indeed this wish is already being fulfilled. The night of his death, the entire night, guys standing outside their respective work rooms (myself included) made some manner of joke or comment, let's just say less-than-flattering to the deceased freak show.

trillobite

Postby trillobite » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:55 pm

Here's a few from another forum I frequent-
Guildford Trading standards have issued a warning notice to a national burger chain for launching a JackoBurger. Apparently they are in breach of the food and hygiene regulations for shoving a 50 year old piece of meat between 2 eight year old buns.

I heard that devestated by his death, Walmart has decided to put on a big sale. As of tomorrow, all boys underwear are half off.

McDonald's just announced a McJackson. a 50 year old piece of meat between two twelve year old buns.

Michael Jackson's upcoming London dates have been cancelled. They were James (aged 9) and Thomas (aged 11).

Farrah's been sick for a while, she's probably more at peace, now. Her and Ryan O'Neil were about to remarry, weren't they?
I liked her Cannonball Run appearance, looking really innocent, yet hot!

dougiezerts

Postby dougiezerts » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:53 pm

I have the Playboy tape Farrah did. She wallows in mud and gold paint on it--fantastic!
RIP

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:34 am

As a youth, I did find "Charlie's Angels" to be a tad ridiculous, but for some reason I liked the show anyway. It was appealing to me in a "Girl Power" kind of way. The Angels looked as good as Barbie dolls but they were smart, and they had guns, and they busted bad guys every week.

I was impressed by Farrah's emerging acting skills after she left the show, especially in a movie she starred in called "Extremities". She plays a woman who is attacked in her home by a rapist. After an ugly and protracted struggle, she sprays something in his eyes and manages to gain the upper hand. The guy ends up all tied up and shoved into the fireplace...blinded.

Farrah ties a grate over the opening and traps him right in there over the ashes. When her two roommates come home...this is quite a surprise.

The guy is an unrepentant jerk and keeps taunting them from his "cell". He points out to the women that he never raped her. And he didn't. He never got the chance. But since there is now is some doubt as to whether they'd get a conviction if they called the police, the rest of the plot involves the three women trying to figure out whatever they ought to do with this horrible man.

Turn him in to the cops anyway?

Give up and just let him go?

Call an ambulance (after all, he's injured and could die on 'em?)

Finish him off and bury him in the garden?

Farrah eventually does think of a solution...and it was satisfying to me on the Girl Power level. She turned in a great performance. It was a long time before I forgot THAT movie.

I have had a few cancer victims in my family so I feel for what she went though. It is a slow and painful way to go.

Rest in peace, Farrah. You'll be missed.

Nessie

LordMuck
Location: Somewhere forward of INS 'McArthur's' port torpedo room, brewing poteen.

Postby LordMuck » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:54 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:I'll never forget seeing that poster in the rack at "Big K" . I was with five other guys that I hung with, the "chain gang" as my father referred to us, and we all collectively stopped and gazed in wonder. She was a knockout with a slender, somewhat modest, physique that hit guys our age right between the eyes. And that suit covered her like two coats of Dutch Boy barn paint. I never missed Charlies Angels after that. As we aged together I found her still very interesting when she did Playboy years later.

She will live forever in the warmer places of the hearts of men our age.

With something so lovely taken away we have had yet another demonstration of how the inexplicable forces of our universe function to keep things in balance. An offsetting transfer of hideous human refuse has been consigned to the nether regions at the same time. The Gloved One, His Weirdness, The King of Pop, special friend to little boys and animals everywhere, the person who proved beyond the slightest shadow of a doubt that Elvis was dead, has himself departed this dimension.

May his legacy be a million rude jokes and rumors. 8-)

Ditto.
We may live in an age of wonders- But also, judging by the lachrymose exertions of the world's grief athletes, an age of, "should these people be allowed to breed?"
Compare and contrast:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Powers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson

If the above doesn't make you question our current "values", you can all call me Susan.
"Isaac Asimov has an asinine motto- 'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.' I agree with it completely- If it's read correctly. That is, only the incompetent wait until it's the last resort."
- jerry Pournelle

Boppinabe

Postby Boppinabe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:00 am

"Extremities" and not "The Burning Bed"?

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Boppinabe wrote:"Extremities" and not "The Burning Bed"?

No, "The Burning Bed" was about a wife who set the bed on fire while her husband was sleeping it it! He was beating the crap out of her. This movie was based on a real incident.

I saw that movie too, but "Extremities" was the one that made the bigger impression on me.

Nessie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:30 pm

I remember that one.

A lady in the county where I grew up told her husband that if he ever beat him again, she'd kill him in his sleep. Not long after that, he came home drunk, used her as a punching bag, and passed out on the couch. She got his Ruger 10-22 and emptied the clip into the back of his skull. I think the DA tried her twice, and couldn't get a jury to convict her.

Nessie wrote:
Boppinabe wrote:"Extremities" and not "The Burning Bed"?

No, "The Burning Bed" was about a wife who set the bed on fire while her husband was sleeping it it! He was beating the crap out of her. This movie was based on a real incident.

I saw that movie too, but "Extremities" was the one that made the bigger impression on me.

Nessie
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Green Heart

Postby Green Heart » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:00 pm

It must be Celebrity Death month or something, Billy Mays Died this morning.

Weapon X

Postby Weapon X » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:20 am

Word is that when Farrah Fawcett arrived at Heaven, the Lord was so touched by her courage that he granted her one wish. After thinking it over, Farrah told the Lord that she wished for the safety and security of all the children of the world....

...hence the death of Michael Jackson!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Return to “Off Topic”