We've Lost Farrah

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
water_bug_62208

We've Lost Farrah

Postby water_bug_62208 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Man, this is starting to get really bad...

First we loose David Carradine, then Ed McMahon, and now we've lost Farrah... :cry:

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituari...,4388762.story

I loved watching Charlie's Angels and Farrah was my favorite. As the article notes, she's now up in Heaven with real angels.

We'll miss you, Farrah.

Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Re: We've Lost Farrah

Postby Lomax » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:32 pm

My radio has been hi-jacked tonight by people discussing whether some annoying pop star has or has not died. This is highly aggravating.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

jack c

Postby jack c » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:31 am

Ah yes, THE poster. Sitting, legs curled up in the one piece bathing suit. It was simply the best poster ever - every guy I knew had it in 1976 at school in Pennsylvania. She was a better actress than what she did in Charlie's Angels - something she got to show later in life. It hasn't been a good few weeks for the 40-to-50-something crowd - we've lost some notable parts of our younger experience.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:31 am

I'll never forget seeing that poster in the rack at "Big K" . I was with five other guys that I hung with, the "chain gang" as my father referred to us, and we all collectively stopped and gazed in wonder. She was a knockout with a slender, somewhat modest, physique that hit guys our age right between the eyes. And that suit covered her like two coats of Dutch Boy barn paint. I never missed Charlies Angels after that. As we aged together I found her still very interesting when she did Playboy years later.

She will live forever in the warmer places of the hearts of men our age.

With something so lovely taken away we have had yet another demonstration of how the inexplicable forces of our universe function to keep things in balance. An offsetting transfer of hideous human refuse has been consigned to the nether regions at the same time. The Gloved One, His Weirdness, The King of Pop, special friend to little boys and animals everywhere, the person who proved beyond the slightest shadow of a doubt that Elvis was dead, has himself departed this dimension.

May his legacy be a million rude jokes and rumors. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

josh12_us

Postby josh12_us » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:42 am

AND we've lost Michael Jackson on top of that! He may have had a lot of big problems over the years, but I miss his better days a lot. Those 80's times were great when Michael was known for "Thriller", "Beat It", his dancing, and the like. It sure has been quite a week for celebrity deaths! :(

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:51 am

Let's not forget Ed McMahon either... the ultimate side kick... :(

Weapon X

Postby Weapon X » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
With something so lovely taken away we have had yet another demonstration of how the inexplicable forces of our universe function to keep things in balance. An offsetting transfer of hideous human refuse has been consigned to the nether regions at the same time. The Gloved One, His Weirdness, The King of Pop, special friend to little boys and animals everywhere, the person who proved beyond the slightest shadow of a doubt that Elvis was dead, has himself departed this dimension.

May his legacy be a million rude jokes and rumors. 8-)

Yeah, I heard that due to the fact that the King of Pop was 99% plastic, he's going to be melted down into lego blocks so that little boys can play with him for a change! ;)

I am more sorry to see Farrah and Ed depart, but sadly, it will be overshadowed in the media by this sorry excuse for a pop icon. Farrah was such a hottie, and put up one hell of a fight; and Ed McMahon...well, he contributed to alot more than MJ ever did.....plus he never had an obsession for little boys! I grieve for both one of Charlie's Angels, and the Ultimate Sidekick..... :cry:

And as for Michael Jackson....let's all just grab our crotch, observe a moment of silence, and just Beat It! :twisted:

captain scarlet

Postby captain scarlet » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Q: what's the difference between Farrah and Jacko?
A: One screwed Majors, and the other screwed minors.....
"Paul! PAUL! Are you all right?"
"I will be, Adam,...I ...will ...be......"

"Oxygen? But that isn't dangerous".
"It is...when there isn't any!"

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:53 am

PM2K wrote:Let's not forget Ed McMahon either... the ultimate side kick... :(

And a genuine war hero in both WWII and Korea. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:24 am

Weapon X wrote: Yeah, I heard that due to the fact that the King of Pop was 99% plastic, he's going to be melted down into lego blocks so that little boys can play with him for a change! ;)

Okay, enough of that! Weredragonlady and I almost died laughing! :lol: My ribs still hurt!
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “Off Topic”