Famous last words..

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
dk_angel7

Re: Famous last words..

Postby dk_angel7 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:28 am

nachtjaeger wrote:And my favorite- the actual last words of a British general in the Crimean war: "Stand up, you bloody cowards! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist. . . ." :lol:

The same thing happened to another field officer in the American Civil War. I can not recall who it was. End was the same.

Lomax wrote:Actually, that was Major General John Sedgwick, commanding the Federal VI Corps in the Army of the Potomac at the Battle of Spotsylvania - May 1864.

Bingo!

My story "First Taste of Fear" dealt with the idea, "All the answers to my problems are within me" or "I can deal with this. I can (or I have the power to) handle anything that happens to me".

"Glass House" dealt with a religious belief that I heard WAY to many times, "I am in good with (or have complete in) with God. God would not allow anything bad to happen to me."

War of the Worlds - the series (1980's) popular alien expression, "To life eternal." Quinn, supreme leader of 1950's invasion force, "To life eternal, sucker!"

From - Godzilla 1998 "I think we are going to need bigger guns" and Nick Tautopolis's(sp?) "That's big!" and "That's a FOOTPRINT!"

Late Japanese 1950's post Godzilla move, "Rhodan", by a Japanese defense pilot. "It's! It's! It's a --- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA<crunch>".

Any variation of "Leave me alone!" It usually includes a strong admonishment to not ever aid if help is needed.

Original Star Trek, The Trouble with Tribbles, "How can something this cute cause so much trouble?"

Shaggy and Scooby Do, "We'll stay back in the van where it is safe".

Charlton Heston's epic move, The Ten Commandments. The Pharoe(sp?) ordered his troops forward after Moses nearly completes passing through the parted "Red" Sea. "They made it across. So can we."

German field General's quote to Adolph Hitler before leading German tanks into the Battle of the Bulge, "We can do it!"

Common concept in historical warfare, "Win or die!"
My stories are my writings. They reflect who and what I am. User beware.

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:46 am

How about...
"Trust me there's no quicksand around here."

Tarzan saying "Trust me Jane this vine could hold a elephant."

Trust me we can jump across.

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:41 am

"No, Signor Colonel! No! No!": Mussolini.
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:57 am

Here's one.
Two gals are lost in the jungle/swamp. One is about to give up while the other wants out of the area and will do almost anything to get out of the area. She tells her friend "I don't know about you but I'm going to give it BOTH FEET FIRST!!!!" and wonders into some quicksand.

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Strictly speaking, the BEST last words, non-QS, were spoken by Baron Rolf von Stuppe in THE GREAT RACE.

"As a very famous English gentleman once said, He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day so ... until another day Mr. Leslie (throws sword) ... please excuse me, I have a boat waiting....."

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:10 pm

reisen55 wrote:Strictly speaking, the BEST last words, non-QS, were spoken by Baron Rolf von Stuppe in THE GREAT RACE.

" ... please excuse me, I have a boat waiting....."

WHOOOOOOOSSHHHHH! BANG! SPLASH! (you forgot the sound effects)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Postby Lomax » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:12 pm

reisen55 wrote:Strictly speaking, the BEST last words, non-QS, were spoken by Baron Rolf von Stuppe in THE GREAT RACE.

"As a very famous English gentleman once said, He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day so ... until another day Mr. Leslie (throws sword) ... please excuse me, I have a boat waiting....."

This, presumably, being a spoof of the identical scene in The Prisoner of Zenda.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:59 pm

"Who are you? How did you get in here?"
- Salman Rushdie.
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:04 am

What train?
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:04 pm

"Knock knock..."
- Nosher Powell
-"Eat The Rich"
(a month later)

Return to “Off Topic”