"And If We Run Out Of bullets...."

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

"And If We Run Out Of bullets...."

Postby Mynock » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:28 am

*sound of revving chainsaw*
"...Baby, they're gonna' wish he hadn't.
Left 4 Dead 2. Looks like this is one of those rare games where the sequel is better then the original. 8-)
http://www.l4d.com/
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

spunkee311

Re: "And If We Run Out Of bullets...."

Postby spunkee311 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:35 am

hellz yeah. Can't wait. 5 new campaigns, longer levels, new weapons and moves. Definitely gave the Co-Op genre a much needed boast of originality and reinvention.

Kookus

Postby Kookus » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:01 am

Sounds like a great way to milk the community for more money. Instead of releasing an expansion for the original, or releasing the sdk for professional modding efforts like they have been promising for months, they spend their time revving up for a re-release on what amounts to the same engine with new character models.

Two things will keep me from investing in this, despite the awesome zombie genre: Valve -- if you want to play at all, single player included, you'd better hope their servers are up, because, if the software can't phone home, you aren't playing at all; The multiplayer community -- a game like this pretty much screams for multiplayer, but the matchmaking community that Valve has courted over the years is the biggest bunch of foul-mouthed, prepubescent assholes I have ever run across in two decades of online gaming. Take my word for it... unless you have the resources to set up your own server, and a group of friends to populate it, don't waste your money on this title.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

tempman

Postby tempman » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:27 am

I'm not looking forward to this at all. The original had such a dark, brooding charm. This one has a more dynamic setting so, whilst on one hand it will be more varied each time you play it, the art directors won't be able to bring a solid feel across. It also looks a lot brighter and shiny as if they've blended the art style of L4D with Team fortress 2.
It could be a fun game but I'd rather stick with the original going off what I've seen so far.
Also incinidary ammo? That's going to make Tanks very easy, you know.

Oh and OP many sequels are better than the originals. I wouldn't even say L4D is entirely original. Many of the zombie designs can be traced back to RE.
And Kookus i play on many Steam games and I've only run into a few douches. Much less than PSN, XBL. I find it's only the minority of the time that someone will be an idiot... And a tiny minority who ruin the game. Then again I play on European servers so it might be different here.

But we'll see :) could be fun! but there's no way i'll be removing L4D1.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:32 pm

I've run into the occasional retard, but not often. Host your own game and it's not too much of a pain to just kick people when they piss you off. Also try playing on Expert level. You get alot less people being assholes there simply because you're too busy trying not to die to throw a propane tank at somebody.
--Sun Tzu

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:54 am

There are always going to be the occasional "asshole" in the game but to be quite honest I haven't had that many issues in left 4 Dead. If so, they were few and far between. Now Halo, Gears, and COD completely different story. But I just shit talk back so no problem there :).
Also, like the post above mentioned, its very easy to just host your own room and kick them out. (I have yet to play a game where I haven't hosted my own room). Also, that's why they have a mute button. All very simple.

As for the game itself. Over at the Xbox and Valve forums there are some protesters and stuff and I gotta admit that I do sympathize. But at the same time, its an all new game with the same devs and team. And as a fan of the game, I'm all for it. There have only been a few clips and pictures of the new campaign. But nowhere near enough to judge and completely oppose the game just yet.
Valve is one of the very few companies out there that actually do pretty good justice with their fans/supporters. And so far they've promise to still continue to support the first game so that's fine with me. I would rather have an all new game, that I could eventually buy on Ebay for dirt cheap than DLC that's ridiculously expensive.

headfirstsinker

Postby headfirstsinker » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:27 am

I've been fortunate to have a lot of pretty good teams in survival and versus as of late...but have had my share of griefers, dumbasses and rage quitters. Its all just part of being online.
headfirst always first ;)

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:12 am

Found this little tidbit while fooling around in the Left 4 Dead forum on Steam. Describes the 2nd campaign in the game.

Link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... 6&t=884519

There is still some ambiguity about how the area is laid out, but it appears to be an intricate meshing of different terrains. Muddy marshland and lakes dominate the landscape, appearing almost everywhere. The mire lacks the vegetation found on solid ground, making it easier to spot some Infected, but some other Infected (namely, Mud Men) may be harder to spot. Moving through the waist-deep mud also slows Survivors to a walking pace.
--Sun Tzu

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:41 am

OK, now it sounds like it might be worth playing. . .

Mynock wrote:Found this little tidbit while fooling around in the Left 4 Dead forum on Steam. Describes the 2nd campaign in the game.

Link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... 6&t=884519

There is still some ambiguity about how the area is laid out, but it appears to be an intricate meshing of different terrains. Muddy marshland and lakes dominate the landscape, appearing almost everywhere. The mire lacks the vegetation found on solid ground, making it easier to spot some Infected, but some other Infected (namely, Mud Men) may be harder to spot. Moving through the waist-deep mud also slows Survivors to a walking pace.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “Off Topic”