Your signatures

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Re: Your signatures

Postby Mynock » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:07 am

Not much explanation needed. I like Chuck Norrisisms. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Weapon X

Postby Weapon X » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:13 am

Mynock wrote:Not much explanation needed. I like Chuck Norrisisms. 8-)

Of course, they were almost drowned out a few years ago by Jack Bauerisms of 24 fame...wonder what happened? My personal favorite:

The city of Los Angeles once named a street after Jack Bauer in appreciation for him saving the city so many times, but people kept getting killed after using the crosswalk or jaywalking on that street. Nobody crosses Jack Bauer and lives.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:04 pm

New signature, inspired by working and hanging out with professional BDSM fetish model/actress/producer/trainer Nyssa Nevers.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:52 am

mine comes from the 1960s cartoon from the English mag "The Valiant", "Kelly's Eye", in which my namesake got trapped in qs and spent a month underneath it crawling out...
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:15 pm

New one, from Shinedown.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 am

Took me a while to get to this thread considering i didn't have a signature for the longest time.

But the day has finally come where i found a line that I take great interest in. Coming to you from the movie "9," which just released in theaters the character 1 states, "sometimes fear has the appropriate response." I wouldn't say this is the most original clip in the world because if i remember correctly it is (in concept) very similar to an older quote i remember reading from COD 2 (xbox 360). The quote read something like this, "courage is simply fear holding on a few seconds longer." The reason why i am so taken by this quote is because in the heat of the moment, when your life is on the line, it is not rational thinking and environment accessing that keeps you alive, it is the fear of death and instilled drive to live that helps us reach the end of the tunnel.
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:24 am

Huh... apparently I never got around to installing my default signature here. Must remedy that.

I work in video production, and in computers, and in education. Well, mainly. There are a lot of other things there as well. But early in my professional video days, I was having a problem with one studio camera not matching color with the other two studio cameras. JVC KY-18's, if you're interested. I took it in for repair. Time passed, the tech called and said it was ready. I went over and said "Ok, show me." So he white balanced the camera, pointed it at a color chart, and turned on his vectorscope and a monitor. "See," he said, "it's perfect."

"Ok," I said, "let's point it at a person." He looked at me like I'd told him I wanted to jump in quicksand, but reluctantly walked over to where the chart was. I panned the camera over. And mister technician, who was as pasty white as anyone I've ever known, looked like he had 3rd degree sunburn. The red was waaaaaaaaaaay off! I smiled, and someone hiding inside my mouth said "And that's the difference between theory and reality." Been using the signature ever since!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:11 am

New one today, a line from my new favorite song by what is quickly becoming my new favorite band. Check them out if you like country. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:57 pm

As long as they are in the right I have always sided with the underdogs. It's more fun to try and defeat a stronger opponent then to crush a weaker one.

It also tells something about my attitude. When something goes wrong or I am challenged by a predicament ... this phrase always comes to mind.

Robert

Return to “Off Topic”