Deal Of The Century!!!!

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Kookus

Re: Deal Of The Century!!!!

Postby Kookus » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Fun.

My dad ran into a similar situation and made off with an M1928A1 Thompson Full-Auto for under a grand. He keeps talking about wanting to sell it because it's "too heavy", and I salivate at the prospect every time, but I don't have the time or money to make it legal/legit. Needs some work: while the stick mag locks in fine, the drum mag won't slide in at all, and I can't seem to get the slide to come all the way back. Probably just needs a good stripping and cleaning... he claims the previous owner said it hadn't been fired in thirty-plus years. Still a hell of a steal...
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Kristine

Postby Kristine » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:10 am

I remember shooting with that AR-15, amongst many other cool and big stuff. I remember the flint lock, too. Great and lucky deal!!

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:43 am

Kookus wrote:Fun.
My dad ran into a similar situation and made off with an M1928A1 Thompson Full-Auto for under a grand. He keeps talking about wanting to sell it because it's "too heavy", and I salivate at the prospect every time, but I don't have the time or money to make it legal/legit. Needs some work: while the stick mag locks in fine, the drum mag won't slide in at all, and I can't seem to get the slide to come all the way back. Probably just needs a good stripping and cleaning... he claims the previous owner said it hadn't been fired in thirty-plus years. Still a hell of a steal...

I never really looked too far into getting anything full auto, mostly because of the price (even one of those chintzy plastic MAC 10's will run you $3500), but I know to make it legal there's some kind of tax stamp you can get that will cost you a few hundred bucks, but allow you to legally own/fire it. Not to mention the fact that if it shoots you could easily get $15,000-$20,000 for it. Look around online for a tech manual, they're probably not too hard to break down and clean.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:01 am

Never felt the need to mess around with full auto myself. Good way to burn through all your ammo real quick. Would love to have a Tommy gun, though. Get my black shirt, pinstripe suit, and fedora, and modify a violin case to keep it in. :twisted:

A buddy of mine just got a pretty good deal on a Kar98k Mauser, WWII vintage (new old stock) complete with all the goodies like the cleaning kit, ammo pouches, stripper clips, and a few boxes of period ammo to go with it, swastika proof marks and all. A real nice piece to add to his WWII collection.
http://www.mauser.org

Would love to get the new-production "tanker Mauser" for myself- would be much more useful for the kind of hunting I do.

Mynock wrote:
Kookus wrote:Fun.

I never really looked too far into getting anything full auto, mostly because of the price (even one of those chintzy plastic MAC 10's will run you $3500), but I know to make it legal there's some kind of tax stamp you can get that will cost you a few hundred bucks, but allow you to legally own/fire it. Not to mention the fact that if it shoots you could easily get $15,000-$20,000 for it. Look around online for a tech manual, they're probably not too hard to break down and clean.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:43 am

This looks like it could be entertaining. Not exactly useful, but entertaining.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.p ... cts_id=132
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Off Topic”