A full day

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
reisen55

A full day

Postby reisen55 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:56 am

This is one of the few boards where I can post the truth. After all, the quicksand and mud fetish is not greatly shared by our significant others - nor some other things in life. Enjoy my tale .....

Ages ago, in fact it was on a Tuesday, I fell in love with (in my opinion) a most beautiful woman and as a first love it was doomed to disaster as actually happened. Over time we reconnected and then went our separate paths into different marriages and time. Life happens.

Passage of time. Bad happens.
September 11, 2001 - 101st floor South Tower - I survived, worked for Aon Group and made it out alive and well. Survived the worst catastrophe of our age.

A few weeks later we connected through an old college annual survey and she said (Nancy by name) " I thought I almost lost you." We met, twice in 2003, for a brief spell, lunch and conversation. My wife never would understand that profound change in my life by September 11th. Being alive is wonderful.

To Wit: over lunch I turned to glance back as she was walking back to my table and was stunned by the realization that "I survived, am alive and here, now, this beautiful woman with whom I thought was gone from my life is walking back to the table to talk to me." How much better can life be than that?

Passage of time
Seven years in fact and today, a Thursday, we met for a 4 hour lunch and after all of the conversation and sharing of tales, and woes of our times ... she broke down as we departed. We hugged and for once I felt her arms around me as she cried. Soooo many problems .... told her I loved her ... and she loved me. As friends. Shoot me know and I could be happy by morning. Ages for me to hear that, wonderful for the soul.

Chivalry exists. And I have had a full day, warm to the soul and a blessing to being alive.

KavenBach

Re: A full day

Postby KavenBach » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:25 am

I don't know what to say.

Thank you for sharing... and congratulations.

After reading that I can't help but to think perhaps there is hope for us all.
"Of all the roads that lead to nowhere, I chose the longest one." -'Goober'

"Don't worry, I seem to have found an even longer one." -Me

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:25 am

I needed that. Thanks. :)

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:43 pm

What's meant to be is meant to be dude. If she's meeting you for a 4 hour lunch she's interested. Go for it!!!!
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:06 am

I shall say this. She made it quite clear (between hugs and crying about her life troubles) that the "I love you" statements were predicated on "friends." Now this is interesting. First, she is drawing a line most carefully and I was most careful to respect her wish, after all we are talking 7 years between last meeting. Rome was not built in a day. However, it also means she is aware of the demilitarized zone and also aware of other thoughts on the other side of it. Otherwise, she would not be thinking of a North and South Korea but rather Sheboygon, Wisconsin (to use an allegory).

Whatever happens is great with me. Again, September 11th does that to me. After 7 years and a day I damn near died, I can be patient.

reisen55

Postby reisen55 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:16 pm

I am going to revise my last post.

Would I desire a romantic encounter? I would be a fool not to desire it, and less than human if that wonderful experience did not cross my mind. By declaring that we were "friends" I realize, too, that she is thinking of the same thing. Otherwise she would not have drawn the line in the sand. An allegory for this group if ever there was one too.

But do I need to go there? Nope. It would be wonderful if it happens, but I am also on an emotional level far beyond that point. I do not have to try. As you have said, she is already interested and in it's own way that is quite fine with me. I have an inside track that I never had before. My options are open and I intend to keep the conversation very much alive.

When we met for 4 hours, time stopped, our problems and world issues went away as were shared a private space together. And when we hugged ... my day and life, for those few moments, were complete. It is moments like these that keep us human and remind us of how great things really can be.

Return to “Off Topic”