Chat - why leave when someone enters

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
undergrain1

Chat - why leave when someone enters

Postby undergrain1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:03 am

Why does it seem that when one enters the chat room, anyone in there suddenly leaves? Is there a bashfulness or something?

nachtjaeger

Re: Chat - why leave when someone enters

Postby nachtjaeger » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:56 am

I've noticed that myself, but thought it was just me. :(

I fail to see the point of logging into chat, if you aren't going to either chat with people, or hang around and "listen" to the conversation. People, we're all here for the same reason, we don't bite (unless asked nicely) and are really friendly and cool. And it is OK to hang around in the chat room without speaking up- if somebody wants privacy, they can "get a room" (private chat.)
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:06 pm

At least SOME of the time, I believe what is happening is that someone has long since left, but without remembering to log out of chat. The chat system sees them as still present until someone new comes in. At that time something in the chat system updates the list of chatters, realizes the "ghosted" member is no longer present, and drops them from the list. The error is failing to log out, not leaving when someone new comes in.

undergrain1 wrote:Why does it seem that when one enters the chat room, anyone in there suddenly leaves? Is there a bashfulness or something?
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

testao

Postby testao » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Where is this chat room? I want to chat too. What the virtual address?

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 pm

testao wrote:Where is this chat room? I want to chat too. What the virtual address?

In the upper right hand corner of the front page look for the word (Chat) click on it and it will take you to the chat room.

Robert

testao

Postby testao » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:28 pm

Thank you Robert!

undergrain1

Postby undergrain1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:34 pm

The "ghost" explanation seems to make sense. I used to think I'd gotten just a bit too late. It takes 30-50 seconds to get in once I click chat. In that time, someone could just decide, after being there a minute, "nobody's coming, I might as well leave". The persistence of the other name disappearing made me think they were bashful!

I've sat in there nearly all night waiting for someone to show up. Then, it never fails, my attention is occupied, someone enters, leaves a comment, and I see it too late - they've left, thinking I'm too "snobby" to talk!

I tried the "nickname change" function but it doesn't seem to work. I'd change mine to "be patient - I check every few minutes"!!

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Make sure the sound is turned on for the chat and your computer. There will be an audible signal each time someone speaks, even if the chat window is hidden. Best time to find people in the room is early to mid evening.

undergrain1 wrote:The "ghost" explanation seems to make sense. I used to think I'd gotten just a bit too late. It takes 30-50 seconds to get in once I click chat. In that time, someone could just decide, after being there a minute, "nobody's coming, I might as well leave". The persistence of the other name disappearing made me think they were bashful!

I've sat in there nearly all night waiting for someone to show up. Then, it never fails, my attention is occupied, someone enters, leaves a comment, and I see it too late - they've left, thinking I'm too "snobby" to talk!

I tried the "nickname change" function but it doesn't seem to work. I'd change mine to "be patient - I check every few minutes"!!
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Fred588 wrote:Best time to find people in the room is early to mid evening.
It depends. What seems to you to be early to mid evening is something different to a lot of people who are from UK (GMT), Germany, Hungary, Italy (GMT +1), yours truly from Ukraine (GMT +2), and don't forget those who are from Australia ;)
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Syn

Postby Syn » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:52 pm

I leave just cause i'm bitchy that way....heheh
no, i try to get into the chatroom as often as i can...enjoy chattin with everyone :D

~Syn~

Return to “Off Topic”