"Muck Monster" sighted in Florida

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
nachtjaeger

"Muck Monster" sighted in Florida

Postby nachtjaeger » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:07 pm

http://www.wptv.com/content/news/centra ... Wt77Q.cspx

The article ends with "Nessie must be vacationing in Florida." If she is, she didn't tell us or post any video.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Mynock

Re: "Muck Monster" sighted in Florida

Postby Mynock » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:21 am

Interesting, but the pic doesn't show much. Looks like a wave.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Nessie
Producer

Re: "Muck Monster" sighted in Florida

Postby Nessie » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 am

'Twasn't me. That critter isn't a real muck monster. It's leaving a wake in plain old water. Any self-respecting muck monster would be leaving wakes in muck.

Interesting, but I agree that the footage doesn't show much. Although it's kind of weird that you don't see a fin break the surface (fish?) or a head bob up for air (turtle?).

I've bumped into all kinds of wildlife out there in the bogs. I've been in mud while carp splashed nearby and I've looked up to see a beaver swimming by. I've been surprised in my mudpit by ducks landing in the water just feet away and once SOMETHING was resting in the marsh grass near my mudpit and it made a snorty noise and ran off when I came by (I never saw what it was for sure but it made a lot of crashing and rustling sounds as it tore through the underbrush).

Last week I saw a big fishy fin verrrrrry slowwwwwly break the surface of the lake and then submerge again. That thing looked like it was so sluggishly tired that it was about to go to bed. It did it a couple times and then vanished.

Maybe the Muck Monster is just a very large fish that isn't feeling good.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the big fishy fin on camera. I wish wildlife would listen when I say, "That was cool...c'mon...do it again!"

Nessie

Return to “Off Topic”