Double post (what should I do?)

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
TBoneTony

Double post (what should I do?)

Postby TBoneTony » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:32 am

I had recently posted a few stories and they took a while to load up, and when I clicked on the post button again it suddenly posted two stories of the same name,

If this should happen to you, just go to the post of one of the copies, then click the little x box up in the top right hand corner and then that would delete that post after you do a yes/no suggestion where the function would ask you if you wanted to delete that post.

So yeah, that is how you do it.

KavenBach

Re: Double post (what should I do?)

Postby KavenBach » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:04 am

That strange lag thing tends to happen with sites using phpBB. Sometimes the thing "loses" what you were trying to post, usually it goes through late instead. My suggestion is to highlight and copy whatever you're going to post to the clipboard. If there's a lag, either wait patiently for it to go through or give you a 404 error, or press escape and check the site to see if the post passed anyway. If it didn't you just re-paste the text into your next attempt.
"Of all the roads that lead to nowhere, I chose the longest one." -'Goober'

"Don't worry, I seem to have found an even longer one." -Me

Return to “Off Topic”