Mucking About in a City of Heroes

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Terry Rile

Mucking About in a City of Heroes

Postby Terry Rile » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:22 am

So, in the City of Heroes MMO, there's this magic-based villain group called the Circle of Thorns. In certain level ranges, you run up against these Earth Thorn Casters that like to transform the ground beneath you into quicksand. In gameplay terms, that means your movement is slowed to a crawl, and you can't jump or fly out of it if you get caught by it. Unfortunately, your character doesn't actually sink into the ground, 'cause that would be pretty awesome.

The sinking winged woman is one of my characters, named The Gift of Flame. Her powers are, naturally, fire based. She used to be a super villain, although she's trying that whole 'hero' thing, to see if that's more fun than doing crime for fun and profit.

As an aside note, the next time I decide it sounds like a good idea to draw one of the newly revamped CoT mages, I am instead going to hit my head against the wall several times. I hadn't realized just how detailed these buggers were until I went to draw one of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Mucking About in a City of Heroes

Postby PM2K » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:30 am

Love it! There's just something about a lady with wings... :D

cnelson566

Postby cnelson566 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:57 pm

I agree...she may look angelic...but those batwings speak volumes. Course that means the quicksand may be even more...enjoyable...right up till the moment she fries his ass,anyways! :D

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:51 am

Oh that's very good. :)

You've got a very sexy character there. Great superheroine outfit that doesn't look too ridiculous. And wings like that add a whole new struggle aspect to a quicksand scene.

I can see that drawing that Mage must indeed have been hard work, incredible detail!

Terry Rile

Postby Terry Rile » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:41 am

"Love it! There's just something about a lady with wings... "

Interesting story: The Gift of Flame probably never would have made it past level fifteen or so if my boyfriend hadn't given me a pair of wings to put on her. Having wings just made the character! That's also why I've been drawing her a bunch. Working out the wings is fun.

"I agree...she may look angelic...but those batwings speak volumes. Course that means the quicksand may be even more...enjoyable...right up till the moment she fries his ass,anyways!"

No, I can't say there's anything angelic-looking about her. Watch out. She wears those goggles 'cause flames leak out of her eyes. The goggles are for your protection.

"You've got a very sexy character there. Great superheroine outfit that doesn't look too ridiculous. And wings like that add a whole new struggle aspect to a quicksand scene."

Thanks, she's one of my favorites. And it's really more of a supervillain outfit. Like I said, she's just trying out hero work. I expect she'll grow disillusioned about not getting a payoff when she 'saves' people, and eventually go back to her villainous, and arguably more profitable ways.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 am

Terry Rile wrote:"Love it! There's just something about a lady with wings... "

Interesting story: The Gift of Flame probably never would have made it past level fifteen or so if my boyfriend hadn't given me a pair of wings to put on her. Having wings just made the character! That's also why I've been drawing her a bunch. Working out the wings is fun.

Your man is a wise fellow indeed... :D

Return to “Drawings”