whizbang18's artworks for tonight!

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
whizbang18

whizbang18's artworks for tonight!

Postby whizbang18 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:08 am

Good evening Quicksand Fans. I am very thrilled at the arrival of Quicksand Fans.

My newest QS doodles with the first one being Anna Valerious from the movie "Van Helsing" armpit deep in deadly quicksand. :twisted: The other is of former ACME detective Ivy from the Carmen Sandiego cartoon from the 1990s long after the ACME years. :twisted: I could never understand why neither had any quicksand. :roll:

I actually have a bunch of others to use but the scanner I have is put away while I'm remodelling my room and rebuilding the floor and plumbing system.

On top of it all, in this post, I felt it would be worthy of showing a different talent to the QS audiences.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SmileyMcDeath

Re: whizbang18's artworks for tonight!

Postby SmileyMcDeath » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:20 am

Nice look at the creation process here, Whizzy :D Welcome aboard!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:26 am

[quote="whizbang18"]Good evening Quicksand Fans. I am very thrilled at the arrival of Quicksand Fans.[quote]

And it is very cool you are here! Welcome aboard! :D

bbjohn

Postby bbjohn » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:32 am

Hi, Whizbang! I remember your work from Kaol's Yahoo group. I am always impressed with your work with colored pencils. I must admit one media I have never been able to do well with is colored pencils. I often use pen and ink, as well as Sharpie pens, watercolors, and acrylic paints, but I've never been able to work with colored pencils. I look at work from you and the master of the craft, Acid Tester, and ask "How did they do that?"

Maybe it's just as well. I've found it helps my creative juices to have a sense of wonder about things.

Welcome aboard! I know you'll have a good time. :D

Big Bad John

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am

You should try getting some better quality art paper as the lined notebook stuff detracts from your own lineart. Artpads with a harder, 'plate' finish are also better for colored pencil as the paper doesn't get fatigued from pressure. I've seen your work elsewhere and I think unless you buck up a bit you're going to be stuck with the same problems: difficult to see the lines, same texture with your color work as you can't apply various pressures to the pad and a 'flat' appearance to all your drawings. Investing in a few other pencils other than an HB would be great as well as you can play with various pressures and densities of lead as well. ( 'bbjohn' threw you in with the master of the craft 'Acidtester', so the bar has been set pretty high, good luck ) BTW, is that your math notes on the margins? If you're drawing in math class you won't be able to concentrate on either and will end up both drawing poorly and flipping burgers. Set some time aside to do the things you love.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arrakis trains the faithful.

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:35 am

Here are two books by Burne Hogarth, they a very good and I like how all his figures have an exaggerated, heroic feel to them.

whizbang18

Postby whizbang18 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:10 am

Wwell, these weren't exactly artworks I had planned on going any further on anyway. It's just one of countless things I doodle often when I drift off task. Trust me, I have many artworks I've done on regular paper too. I DO have lots of QS artworks I've done on Deep Quicksand at Yahoo!Groups. I'm amazed that it has survived for almost seven years as of this writing.

These two doodles were just simply showing off two skills I have as of this writing.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:03 am

Welcome back, Whizbang! Your artwork is and always has been a style that's unique to you.

On the top one (the chest-deep one), that the quicksand pit is nicely-done. She looks totally stuck. The mud looks thick and tight around her. That is one woman who's not going anywhere anytime soon, except down.

I must confess to not being very good at math. I looked at the math and I looked at the quicksand drawings.

I understood the quicksand drawings. The math, though...is a complete mystery. The equations could be real, but if you made them up with your imagination exactly as you did the drawings, I would never know.

Nessie

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:33 am

Good call,
I had both of those books in high school.
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:00 am

Acidtester wrote:Good call,
I had both of those books in high school.

Hey Acid & Whiz, here's a couple of newer books I have purchased this year and I really like. Francis Tsai's is heavy on color and technique while Julie Bell's is pure rendering in pencil.

Return to “Drawings”