A couple of line arts

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Billie Bonce

A couple of line arts

Postby Billie Bonce » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Let me bring to your attention two my works, posted today at Deviantart. Both are WIP and currently are at the stage of "digital inks". (To those who don't know this slang: WIP = work in progress, digital inks = original sketch was traced with solid lines in Photoshop or other program, and everything else was erased).

The first picture was started long ago, I don't think I showed it on this forum. First I had a pencil sketch, then I significantly reworked it in Photoshop, an it was left for awhile. Now the image is ready for shadowing and coloring. However I do it so slowly that I decided to post the current state of the work here. Hope you'll like it.
diggin_out_lines.jpg

I think it's pretty clear what's going on. The two friends went to a secluded beach. There was no other people around. The girls had a great time tanning in the nude and playing tag on the flats at low tide. Then they find some quicksand and were amazed by its bouncing. They bravely contested who can go in deeper (they knew from the Internet that they can't drown in quicksand). Then the looser got out, while the winner couldn't. The upper layer of the quicksand remained unstable, but the sand compacted in the depth, and grabbed the girl's feet with its firm grip. It took some time before they realized that the situation is not that funny. Sooner or later the rising tide will come (they had no idea when this should happen).
Now the hours come by. One girl is digging and paying no attention to a sad fact that her lower legs are also taken by the sand. The other girl still can't budge her feet. But when she don't lean on her friend's back, she's sinking! And now she's watching the surf. The tide is rising! Slowly but steadily.

And here is the second picture. It's new. Again, will color it in the future.
stuckinmud-1.jpg

Just another unfortunate girl, very similar to my beloved original character Alya the Unlucky. I have to admit, Alya was in exactly the same situation. Maybe I started cycling around one and the same theme :(
It seems, this girl have seen some WAM fetish sites in the Internet and decided to wallow in the deep deep mud. Too bad, the mud proved to be too thick, and the girl haven't read another Internet sites that are devoted to quicksand fetish (like this one). If she did so, she would take necessary precautions. But as she refused to do so, she got hopelessly stuck in the mud, and her frantic struggle only makes her more and more desperate. Poor thing!

I hope you enjoy these pictures. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: A couple of line arts

Postby PM2K » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:53 am

Lovely! :D

Thanls, Billie! Always great to see your art, quicksand or otherwise... :)

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:18 am

Awesome stuff Billie! I've found myself waiting for new artwork from you, it is always impressive... Great to see your new drawings!

I havent ever done a proper "digital inking" of my works. I either scan my picture and adjust the levels/contrast so the pencils look darker, or scribble something entirely digitally using my graphics tablet. I will definitely keep messing around with my process until I figure out what works best.
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:25 am

Last edited by schlamm on Sun May 12, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Your art is like the stuff in my head. I love it.

Do they have cheerleaders in Ukraine? :lol:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:45 pm

Thank you guys!
PM2K wrote:Lovely! :D

Thanls, Billie! Always great to see your art, quicksand or otherwise... :)

Sorry that I didn't give much opportunities of seeing my art in last months. I had great plans for this Summer to draw a lot of pictures, both quicksand and otherwise ;) , but unfortunately I wasn't very productive. As I went to the seaside for vacation, my inspiration either remained in the city or went to another resort. I was sitting in a comfortable armchair with my laptop and digital tablet... and was playing Solitaire instead of drawing :( I hope I'll improve the situation soon.

Northerner wrote:Awesome stuff Billie! I've found myself waiting for new artwork from you, it is always impressive... Great to see your new drawings!

I havent ever done a proper "digital inking" of my works. I either scan my picture and adjust the levels/contrast so the pencils look darker, or scribble something entirely digitally using my graphics tablet. I will definitely keep messing around with my process until I figure out what works best.

Very much appreciated!

Most of my pictures were drawn with a pencil, scanned, adjusted and cleaned. The problems occur when I'm not satisfied with the picture and try to correct something. Even if the software emulates pencils (Photoshop can't do this, but, say, Artweaver and SAI can to some extent) I can't make the new lines indistinguishable from the original pencils. They look different. So I often leave the picture as is, and actually start a new, digital one on the base of it. I had and still have problems to do a good sketch entirely digital. Usually it starts with a lot of messing lines, then rubbing out, then improved lines, and so on - many iterations. No one of my digital sketches could be compared to your great works - yours have everything: great poses, facial expressions, mood. I have to practice further.
schlamm wrote:most impressive, Billie!
Particularly like the second one's pose and facial expression "oh bloody hell...I'm stuck!" seems to fit quite nicely in my personal version

Ha-ha, what else can she think about when her left leg is trapped somewhere deep under the surface? And after all her attempts to budge the mud clung to her right leg, then to both her arms, and now to her breasts, too? First she thought "what if somebody find me here in this position?" But after some time of desperate struggle she realized the true danger: "what if nobody will ever find me here?"
Duncan Edwards wrote:Your art is like the stuff in my head. I love it.

Do they have cheerleaders in Ukraine? :lol:

Oh... Duncan... I'm looking at your new avatar now... And say the same words: Your art is like stuff in my head. I love it.

But well, I know the limit. The limit of similarity. (No limits for love!) It's at about chin level ;) The girls in my head stuck at that level and don't go in deeper. Don't go under. They don't get out either. Not until a good Samaritan shows up and rescues them.

No, no cheerleaders in Ukraine. No baseball, no American football (our football is what you call soccer), no supermen nor supergirls. But very many beautiful girls around :) On the streets, in subway, in offices, in universities.
So many different suns

wackypackcolonel

Postby wackypackcolonel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:53 pm

Very nice work.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:00 am

Really like your drawings, Billie, and your storylines add so much to these. I've always been a fan of having the girls being stuck as part of the sinking scene. The stuck part of the appeal means they can't get away no matter what, thus allowing the quicksand or mud to be as thick as you'd like and the sinking to be as slow and linering as possible. The girls being stuck adds to the intensity of the struggling. I like your drawing, "digging-out-lines," since the storyline of gals stuck in tidal mud adds to the intensity of the sink and struggle since they know the tide eventually returns. Thanks for sharing!

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:07 am

The thing I like about your first picture is both girls are stuck and both are having to struggle together to get free. I think there not enough drawings like this where it's just people trying to help each other out, adds an incredible amount of drama to a picture. Of course if they happen to be naked with no clothes then that is alright as well 8-)

I'm not a fan of rising tides though, i'd prefer as little water as possible in my mud :)
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Thank you very much, guys! I'm so happy to know than my picture was appreciated!

About rising tides: they add more drama. Much more. It's rather new thing to me, I learn about it only after I registered at Deep Sinking 4 years ago. Until then I didn't realized any connection between tides and quicksands. Sometimes I add tides into my fantasies (storylines) for the sake of drama.
So many different suns

Return to “Drawings”