Mystery Beach

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
wackypackcolonel

Mystery Beach

Postby wackypackcolonel » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:07 pm

Young coed Amanda had been warned not to wander too far from the beach house but she wasn't going to listen to the ramblings of an elderly inn keeper who obviously relished in scaring spring breakers. An elderly old lady who was probably jealous as her time on earth was near an end. Amanda enjoyed the sound of the surf and nothing was going to keep her from roaming the endless expanse of beach regardless of the warnings of quicksand from some old crone. But the elderly inn keeper wasn't playing games and Amanda came to that realization when without warning her young athletic legs plunged into the sandy surface gobbled down by the greedy earth hungry for its next victim. The roar of the surf drowned out her pleas of help as Amanda struggled sinking deeper and deeper in the quicksand.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zoe Mal Doran

Re: Mystery Beach

Postby Zoe Mal Doran » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Amazing :D
I love it.
This certainly seems to be packed full of jam... and quicksand. Oh dear.

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:09 pm

WOW, such a beautiful girl! And... such a desperate situation...

Cool picture!
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:19 am

Awesome! Another classic by the colonel! :D

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:50 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:16 pm

Once again, your work is impressive and gorgeous! 8-)

I'm also liking how you made the shadow on her shirt have that fade out look. That and the amazing detail on her hair. :D

jack c

Postby jack c » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Nicely done artwork, as always for you. Nice depth and angle of visual shot. Can she get out or not? You have presented the pivotal moment, depending on how she reacts to her situation. Nice image.

bbjohn

Postby bbjohn » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Colonel:

This is one very impressive piece of artwork! I love the details on the damsel, like the shadow of her arm. However, I'm particularly impressed with your use of angles and perspective. You've made the situation appear more desperate, and that makes it all the more dramatic. ;)

I have to ask you: have you studied drafting? I've found that some of the top comic book artists and cartoon animators have been drafting people. Understanding angles and perspective is one of the key to being a good draftsman. You definitely understand those and can use them far better than I can. :P

I've found that knowledge of basic principles of drafting can improve almost any artwork. I know they've improved mine. In my You Tube slide about the theme park guides in quicksand, I couldn't have done the scene of the two women walking towards and away from the camera without some knowledge of the basic principles of drafting.

Again, great work, Colonel! :D

Big Bad John

whizbang18

Postby whizbang18 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:20 pm

Wow! I love rear end Quicksand shots. :) This one is no exception. I love how you drew the shorts hugging her cute rear end! :D

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:14 am

I sure do like your drawing style! This time, I'm most impressed with the way the hair is drawn. It looks like she very realistically -- needs to brush it!

Great work as usual. Good to see you back and posting again. I always enjoy your artwork.

Nessie

Return to “Drawings”