Rescue attempt

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Billie Bonce

Rescue attempt

Postby Billie Bonce » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Finally I managed to complete one of my old works. Here is what I was able to make.
pulling upwards.jpg

The lineart for this picture was posted here long ago: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=478
I completely changed the face of the victim. Now she is more cute and less stupid.

Done in Photoshop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Zoe Mal Doran

Re: Rescue attempt

Postby Zoe Mal Doran » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:24 pm

Fantastic work :)
Way better than mine
This certainly seems to be packed full of jam... and quicksand. Oh dear.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:22 am

Oh, yes, very nice work on this piece! Your coloring work is beautiful. I do like the theme where the gal remains stuck fast and sinking even when she has people there trying to pull her free. That adds a lot of suspense to a storyline. Thanks for sharing!

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:55 am

dare we hope that her rescuers slipped and fell? :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:18 am

Fabulous artwork, Billie! Thanks again for sharing it with us! :D

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:32 am

Thank you all for the kind comments!

Zoe Mal Doran wrote:Fantastic work :)
Way better than mine
I think we should avoid comparisons like this. We all do our best, we all put a lot of imagination and creativity in our works, we share these works as we hope that people may like them, and we all are happy to receive good responses. There's no competition here. And, by the way, your skills are obviously improving - just continue to practice!

Blightmere wrote:The toning of the skin was incredible, Excellent job!
I tried the new technique here and I quite satisfied how it worked. In former pictures I first filled the bodies with the main (bright) tone of skin, then added black-and-white shadows on another layer, then colorized the shadows layer (without the colorization the shadows looked like dirty). Here I tried the method that I learned from a tutorial shared by bokuman at deviantart. He fills the bodies with the darkest shadow tone, surprisingly to me he uses dark-purple. Than he adds light tones where they should be. I did the same, using the new layer for the lights. Then I had the possibility to adjust color of both lights and shadows to make the tan lines and the difference of the skin tones of the girls.

MadMax359 wrote:dare we hope that her rescuers slipped and fell? :twisted:
The hope dies the last ;) Stay tuned (though, it may take time)
So many different suns

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:13 pm

Billie Bonce wrote:
Blightmere wrote:The toning of the skin was incredible, Excellent job!
I tried the new technique here and I quite satisfied how it worked. In former pictures I first filled the bodies with the main (bright) tone of skin, then added black-and-white shadows on another layer, then colorized the shadows layer (without the colorization the shadows looked like dirty). Here I tried the method that I learned from a tutorial shared by bokuman at deviantart. He fills the bodies with the darkest shadow tone, surprisingly to me he uses dark-purple. Than he adds light tones where they should be. I did the same, using the new layer for the lights. Then I had the possibility to adjust color of both lights and shadows to make the tan lines and the difference of the skin tones of the girls.

So that's how you did it! :shock: I was trying to figure that out myself after seeing this initially on DA, but other than the muscles and skin looking great and well defined, I wasn't sure. Now that I know, I may be able to apply some of this theory to one of the images I'm coloring.

:roll: Well, in an experimental sort of way anyhow. :ugeek:

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:51 pm

AyaneMatrix wrote:So that's how you did it! :shock: I was trying to figure that out myself after seeing this initially on DA, but other than the muscles and skin looking great and well defined, I wasn't sure. Now that I know, I may be able to apply some of this theory to one of the images I'm coloring.
Since you're interested, here's the link. http://bokuman.deviantart.com/art/Ilust ... -136919117 Not so much of detail, and the comments are in Spanish. But that's what I started with. All the rest I figured out myself.
So many different suns

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:07 am

Billie Bonce wrote:Since you're interested, here's the link. http://bokuman.deviantart.com/art/Ilust ... -136919117 Not so much of detail, and the comments are in Spanish. But that's what I started with. All the rest I figured out myself.

I think I have a better understanding of it now. You can use black and white with shades of gray for the shading and highlights, then switch it to the base color for the skin when via photoshop's color ramp tool. Normally I'd use it to make a particular set of colors more prominent, but it would still apply in this case and with less work involved. And, if you made a duplicate of that layer before changing the color, you could use it to further darken or lighten areas more effectively.

wackypackcolonel

Postby wackypackcolonel » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:34 am

Utterly fantastic Billie words can't describe how cool this and all your works are thanks for sharing this.

Return to “Drawings”