Thought I'd try my hand at drawing real quick

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
benmetal

Thought I'd try my hand at drawing real quick

Postby benmetal » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Quick doodle I guess. Lemme know what you think I suppose. Deal with the shitty picture I took with my camera. I DO have a scanner, I was just too lazy to go into the other room to use it.

If anyone feels like coloring, editing, or adding to it or anything, go for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DJlurker

Re: Thought I'd try my hand at drawing real quick

Postby DJlurker » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:52 pm

Wait a minute... I'm sure I've seen this somewhere before...

I really hope you're not an art thief... :o

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:51 pm

This one looks oddly similar to a drawing posted by Laura on DS. It was also featured on Index's site.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 am

Well I don't know anything about that. Personally I don't think I have seen it before.

And I do know it is a very nice drawing. Especially if it was "done quick"!

benmetal

Postby benmetal » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:33 am

Oh. Had that been posted before? I couldn't remember. Laura was...my old girlfriend. And she didn't draw it, I drew it for her. *sigh* I let her post it though. Don't ask me why, I've no idea. And yeah it's true, I didn't just draw it real quick just now. I was flipping through some old book and found it in a stash of art I'd drawn a long time ago. But, in my defense, I didn't remember it, and a scan of it wasn't anywhere on my computer from before (for some reason), which led me to assume that it'd never been seen by anyone before. Oh well I guess. Sorry for the mix up, honest mistake. To be clear though, I DID draw it. I was on my way out the door when I posted it and didn't have the time to go into it's origin, and figured a simple "Hey, here's something I drew" would suffice.
Last edited by benmetal on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

xyl

Postby xyl » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:37 am

/Unlurk

I'm not sure I believe you. Each drawing that Laura posted had the same signature written in Japanese. So either Laura was lying and can't actually draw, and was also lying about being voted the most talented artist in her high school, or you're lying and took her sketchbook when you broke up with her. Either one seems to explain why she doesn't post anymore and wanted her account deleted; if she couldn't actually draw then she was stealing your material. If she could draw and you were her old boyfriend and knew about her fetish and deepsinking, then I could just see the potential angry posts. I lean toward Laura actually being the artist because there was no reason for you to lie about not sketching it real quick.

I've attached the original piece, the Japanese signature clearly shown. Can anyone read it to see if it actually contains a real name?

/Lurk

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:00 am

It is very cool art. Thanks for posting it. :)

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:16 pm

benmetal, did you draw other pictures posted by Laura, too? I like all of them.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:18 pm

Billie Bonce wrote:benmetal, did you draw other pictures posted by Laura, too? I like all of them.

I'd like to know this as well and for the same reason! :mrgreen:

Any chance that you'd get around to drawing more like this?

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:06 pm

xyl wrote:/Unlurk

I'm not sure I believe you. Each drawing that Laura posted had the same signature written in Japanese. So either Laura was lying and can't actually draw, and was also lying about being voted the most talented artist in her high school, or you're lying and took her sketchbook when you broke up with her. Either one seems to explain why she doesn't post anymore and wanted her account deleted; if she couldn't actually draw then she was stealing your material. If she could draw and you were her old boyfriend and knew about her fetish and deepsinking, then I could just see the potential angry posts. I lean toward Laura actually being the artist because there was no reason for you to lie about not sketching it real quick.

I've attached the original piece, the Japanese signature clearly shown. Can anyone read it to see if it actually contains a real name?

/Lurk

These are Katakana characters, which are commonly used for foreign (ie. non-Japanese) words and names. The three characters in the upper left are RA-U-RA, which is obviously "Laura".
The rest reads SU-PU-RU-RO-WA, and I am not sure what to make of that. Note that any R may actually be transcribed as an L and that U may not be pronounced at all (and thus omitted).

Anyway, the signature is hers. Though that does not prove anything much, other than Laura claimed these to be her own drawings.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Return to “Drawings”