Deep Trouble

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
wackypackcolonel

Re: Deep Trouble

Postby wackypackcolonel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:47 am

Nessie wrote:
wackypackcolonel wrote:I explain it on pg.2 of this thread.

I did read that...in my college days it was called an Art-O-Graph. You put a photograph in it and it shone a ghostly copy onto your paper. It was not only a perfectly acceptable way to illustrate but my teacher required us to use it, at least sometimes.

You still have what I'd call a distinctive drawing style. Your characters somehow come out "retro" in flavor. Not sure why but it is cool.

Nessie

I stopped collecting comics in the mid 80's but the color schemes were always stuck in my head. When I was at college I became a fan of many genres of art like French impressionism, American abstract expressionism, and Pop art. Most notably the quicksand stuff has a pop art feel to it in the use of disposable found photos (pictures of nekkid girls) reworked to make new art. The hardest thing I've had to get better at is drawing with a mouse but like with real drawing with pencils my key ally is the eraser tool. The only thing that feels retro to me is the hair. It has a turn of the 20th century French poster art spin to it.

I just want everyone to know this is not a competition and purists of art and the physical act of putting ideas to paper by hand should understand that a computer is just like a pencil and brushes it's a tool. That's right "a tool" to be used creatively in the expression of ideas. It allows me to put out more pieces without taking up a lot of time in my real life plus it gives the other fetishists out there something to enjoy for free while saving their pennies for a video from one of our fine producers. I know Nessie that you understand this I'm just saying what I'm saying for the rest who might be reading this thread.

I'm just glad I have a venue to express my fantasies with fellow quicksanders even though we all have particular things about it that float our boats i.e. Head first sinker. (One of these days I'm going to do a head first sink just to give a middle finger to those who gave that guy a lot of grief) I'm glad there's reasonable people here like yourself Nessie who spend more time encouraging than trying to tear down people's works according to some rules or petty insecurities of what is or isn't art. In my world there are no rules! Let my hippy flag fly high I'm just glad I have friends here even though most are lurkers and never say boo but enjoy in the privacy of their own world.

I'll get off my soapbox again but hey if I can't talk about it here where else can I? Love to have a cup of coffee with you someday and talk about the other interests in my life like music and cooking. Later, WPC.

Sellfy

Postby Sellfy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:00 pm

Very hot!
I would like to be with her ... and save ... possible ...
Or to share her joy ...

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:36 am

I always enjoy your work. :D

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:26 am

wackypackcolonel wrote:I know Nessie that you understand this I'm just saying what I'm saying for the rest who might be reading this thread.

Nessie received enough "art education" in college to keep her laughing for a long time.

Nessie

wackypackcolonel

Postby wackypackcolonel » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Nessie wrote:
wackypackcolonel wrote:I know Nessie that you understand this I'm just saying what I'm saying for the rest who might be reading this thread.

Nessie received enough "art education" in college to keep her laughing for a long time.

Nessie

Lol, well said.

Return to “Drawings”