Sixgunsloaded's odds & ends - 1 pic update - 1/12/24

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
sixgunzloaded

Sixgunsloaded's odds & ends - 1 pic update - 1/12/24

Postby sixgunzloaded » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:13 pm

I've got a ton of one-off pics and short sequences that I made over the last few years and at least some of them might be worth sharing so I figured I'd do like some others have done and make this my odds-and-ends thread. That way I won't clutter up the Drawings pages with a bazillion posts and all my random stuff will be easier to find for anybody who's interested. :) I'll still put my larger projects in threads of their own.

This first bunch started out as just random tests to see how some new poses and lighting looked. They turned out pretty well so I did some more and strung them together into a short sequence.

This lady's name is Perilina and she's a superhero I came up with a few years ago and tweak every now and then. Her secret identity is Susan Traynor, a brilliant young physics and engineering major. She gets her power from her mesh suit that she designed after she accidentally created a new and powerful synthetic element. The purple crystals - 'Element X' - set into her arm bands, power the suit and the mesh transfers the energy into her body, giving her super-enhanced strength and speed and heightened senses.
She's not invincible. She's like Bionic Woman strong, or maybe Captain America strong. She can flip a car over, easily, with one hand but she can't, say, stop a falling building like Superman. And she can't fly but she can run over a hundred miles an hour. She's not bulletproof - she can take damage. But she's really fast and smart so she can usually avoid the damage to begin with. Plus, she's had martial arts training for much of her life so she already knows how to fight. But she's new to the whole superhero thing so she still gets herself into trouble a lot. Her best friend (the only person who knows her secret identity) gave her the name 'Perilina' after seeing her sort of bumble her way through her first adventure and, ultimately, triumph.
In this little sequence, the idea is that Perilina has been visited by a refugee from a parallel dimension who has come to Earth seeking her help in defeating the Karanthi who have been enslaving his people for generations. The refugee brings Perilina through the portal into his world - a savage jungle planet full of many dangers, the greatest of which is the War Beast - the Karanthi's monstrous enforcer.

Obviously, I've not covered all that in this little sequence, lol. But it's the fantasy behind this scene. Enjoy and let me know what you think! :)

P.S. They're Hi-Def as usual so click on 'em! :D

Batch 1:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sixgunzloaded on Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:28 pm, edited 31 times in total.
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

sixgunzloaded

Re: Sixgunsloaded's odds & ends

Postby sixgunzloaded » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:17 pm

Batch 2:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:20 pm

Batch 3:

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Batch 4 - last batch:

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:28 am

Great work! Love the swampy jungle background! :twisted:

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:48 am

Awesome! :D

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:01 am

Thanks guys, glad you liked it! :D

Stephymink

Postby Stephymink » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:34 am

Lovely set. I love how think that jungle looks. Impossible to tell the bog from the surroundings!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Blightmere wrote:This is sublime! You make the best jungles :)

I agree! :D Boggles the mind to think about how much work this has taken.

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:19 am

:D :D :D :D :D Thanks!
Fortunately, it's a labor of love. For both the background and the character. This particular model has really become my favorite to work with (in all her many guises) over the last few years.
And I think this lighting set is probably one of my favorites too. I think it really gives the jungle a dark, murky creepiness to it.
I debated adding some mist effects to it in Photoshop but the raw renders came out so well that I decided not to mess with it too much except to correct some minor flaws and add a little mud splatter here and there to Perilina.

Return to “Drawings”