Sixgunsloaded's odds & ends - 1 pic update - 1/12/24

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
sixgunzloaded

Re: Sixgunsloaded's odds & ends - Mini-story update - 5-4-21

Postby sixgunzloaded » Thu May 06, 2021 12:49 pm

DJlurker wrote:Somebody help her! :shock:

Somebody really should, shouldn't they? :twisted:

onesixthsinker wrote:Excellent dry sand sinking set :) Thanks

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! :D
But umm... it's actually meant to be dry, firm sand that was suddenly turned wet and quick by the rapid emptying of the cistern in the other room triggered by her lifting the jug. Hence,the 'final trap'. I also wanted it to be mostly hidden from her immediate notice by having the surface appear to be dry until she falls in and then we see splashes and undulations in it. :lol: ;)
But definitely, thank you! :)
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Thu May 06, 2021 3:24 pm

One thing I really like about these sequences is that each frame flows so nicely to the next. I like the specific details like how the sand undulates when Susan falls in and continues to move between each frame. It's actually pleasing to play this through a slideshow, even turn it into a gif. I also noticed the artifact slipping into the quicksand alongside Susan. Very subtle and clever detail to add to the scene. I'm also a sucker for backstories, and the setup with the cistern makes the scene work. Excellent project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

onesixthsinker

Postby onesixthsinker » Fri May 07, 2021 9:01 pm

sixgunzloaded wrote:But umm... it's actually meant to be dry, firm sand...

I think when I mean dry sand, I don't really think of it as "dry" in my head, more dry surface... like in some of the prank shows or the cork pits... Just how I pictured it :) Regardless, it looks fantastic :)
OSS / Nomino-Tacet
https://www.deviantart.com/nomino-tacet
Full size images, exclusive content, and more at:
https://www.patreon.com/nomino_tacet

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Fri May 07, 2021 10:32 pm

I love it! Excellent work!!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Sat May 08, 2021 5:15 pm

Viridian wrote:It's actually pleasing to play this through a slideshow, even turn it into a gif.

Oh, damn! Now I wish I'd thought about making a gif out of it! Usually that occurs to me but this time It didn't. Now I actually look at your gif of it more than my own pics. :lol: :lol: So thank you!
Viridian wrote:One thing I really like about these sequences is that each frame flows so nicely to the next. I like the specific details like how the sand undulates when Susan falls in and continues to move between each frame. I also noticed the artifact slipping into the quicksand alongside Susan. Very subtle and clever detail to add to the scene. I'm also a sucker for backstories, and the setup with the cistern makes the scene work. Excellent project.

Thanks! I like to try to create that sense of constant movement even though it's just stills instead of an animation. That particular sand prop works well for that since it has morphs that allow for undulations. My mud pit prop, nice as it looks, doesn't so I have to simulate it in other ways. I'm actively trying to solicit Poser content creators to design me a custom, fully functional quicksand pit that I can place in any given scenario. So far, I've gotten a couple of positive responses. Fingers crossed.
That's actually just her oil lamp slipping into the qs alongside her, but good catch! The artifact is in her pack doing its best to weigh her down. :twisted: I like little details like that to help add...well...details I guess. lol
I enjoy a bit of backstory and scene setup as well. It's also a lot easier for me to come up with than a full length short story like I used to. Mom was always the real writer in my family. :)
Thank you for the kind words and detailed comment! It's much appreciated. :D

onesixthsinker wrote:
sixgunzloaded wrote:But umm... it's actually meant to be dry, firm sand...

I think when I mean dry sand, I don't really think of it as "dry" in my head, more dry surface... like in some of the prank shows or the cork pits... Just how I pictured it :) Regardless, it looks fantastic :)

Ahh, I gotcha. That's how I pictured it too. Thanks again! :)

mudmaiden wrote:I love it! Excellent work!!

Thank you very much! :D

sixgunzloaded

Re: Sixgunsloaded's odds & ends - Coming Soon! update - 11-24-21

Postby sixgunzloaded » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:35 am

Coming Christmas 2021. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hiimawesome

Postby hiimawesome » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:21 am

Exciting!!

onesixthsinker

Postby onesixthsinker » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:37 pm

Oooo.... a lovely Xmas present to await :)
OSS / Nomino-Tacet
https://www.deviantart.com/nomino-tacet
Full size images, exclusive content, and more at:
https://www.patreon.com/nomino_tacet

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:13 pm

Turn the page. ;) ---->

sixgunzloaded

Re: Sixgunsloaded's odds & ends - Updated 2/18/22

Postby sixgunzloaded » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:16 pm

An old favorite in both color and classic black and white. Just because. Enjoy. :)

Batch #1
Last edited by sixgunzloaded on Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Drawings”