Commissioned Artwork (Updated 03/18/2017)

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Dethmetal

Re: Commissioned Artwork (Updated 03/18/2017)

Postby Dethmetal » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:55 am

DJlurker wrote:Ahaha, lolfail. :lol:

Hehe, indeed. ;)

Dethmetal

Postby Dethmetal » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:10 am

sixgunzloaded wrote:Great under-the-surface shot! I like how the muck conforms to her shape so nicely. Toughset did a great job with it. Good sense of humor too, lol.
And two feet below the surface and the hair still isn't entirely gone! :lol: I love it!
Thanks for sharing this fun series, Dethmetal, and well done, Toughset! :D

Yeah, definitely not enough of those, and I can't recall ever seeing a comical under-the-surface shot before, so just had to go for it. Yes, I love how even beneath the surface you still can get a feel for how thick and clinging the sand is, Toughset really renders quicksand beautifully. Thanks, I thought it would be a good way to end it, while taking the edge off the fact that there was no rescue, escape, or anymore to the series.

Lol, yes, I love women with very long hair for that very reason. :D lol

Very welcome, I am glad the series has been enjoyed. And Toughset really did a great job with it, I'm quite happy I finally decided to commission it. :)

Dethmetal

Postby Dethmetal » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:42 am

water_bug_62208 wrote:This is an outstanding "under the surface" view of Black Cat stuck deep in the mud. It emphasizes the earlier discussions of how the thick mud conforms along her HUGE, voluptuous curves and how the mud's suction has A LOT of woman to form around to hold her fast and tight. Her hair billowing and trailing above her as she slowly sinks deeper and deeper is a wonderful touch.

Again, I love the idea depicted here of a HUGE, very curvy, and voluptuously muscular woman getting stuck in the mud and sinking in deep... her HUGE, thick, curvy legs are nice, strong, sexy, and long. And, I love the concept that there is so much of her for the mud to form a tight suction around that it's near impossible to free her from the clutches of the quicksand. Also, the humor of her words as she sinks deeper really adds a nice touch to this final page. An outstanding sinky comic!

Thanks for sharing!

I agree completely, I had this shot in mind as one of a couple potential ways to end the series, but it was the discussion on here of the thick muck clinging to her beneath the surface that made me finally decide on this way, so thank you for the inspiration there. :) I really think Toughset did a great job of rendering the thick tight mud as it forms and presses all around her, hugging her curvy voluptuous body from all angles, even as she continues to squirm and struggle, to no avail. Heh, yeah, that is an image I've always loved, of a woman's hair streaming up above her towards the surface as she sinks deeper, and Toughset did a great job with it.

Indeed, it is a lovely image, and I think Toughset has done a great job of rendering it, and especially of rendering her. From the descriptions and references I gave for her the depiction he gave me was better than I expected,... those long legs, wide hips, trim waist, big round backside, and more than amble bosom,... all emphasizing her curvy buxom form, while giving light to the athletic strength of her body, and her weight. All of these things, every curve, just something for the thick gooey sands to latch onto and drag her down with, using her weight and curves against her and rendering her strength useless against the suction of the mud. At this point she is not just in the grip of the quicksand, but deep in its 'belly' and it is definitely not going to let her go easily, if at all. *Chuckles* Again I have to give credit to a long time of loving Pete Boggs, I just couldn't resist a bit of his 'gallows humor', I think this really adds to this final page, and her expression I think really drives it home. She is Not a happy kitty, and you have to wonder, if she was somehow rescued, would she be grateful, or would she use her rescuer as a scratching post for letting her sink that deep. :lol: Though I'm not sure what is funnier, her comments, or that she seems to think she's getting out somehow, or rather, I should say that she doesn't seem concerned about getting out. :lol:

You are very welcome, I'm glad it was enjoyed. :)
Last edited by Dethmetal on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:48 am

I kind of wish she got out, just so we could see her completely coated in thick, gooey mud...

I also wish I could afford the commissions so I could have a similar thing happen to Shantae, but have it be pleasurable instead.

Dethmetal

Postby Dethmetal » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:17 am

SinkerCutie wrote:I kind of wish she got out, just so we could see her completely coated in thick, gooey mud...

I also wish I could afford the commissions so I could have a similar thing happen to Shantae, but have it be pleasurable instead.

I had considered something like that as an alternative ending page, top of the picture would be the same, with the bog and just a tuft of white hair sticking up, rather than an underbog shot though it would cut to a second panel, with the bog as the background. She'd be standing there, hand on hips, or something, practically dripping quicksand, only like her face, head and shoulders mostly clean, though with a few globs here and there. The text and scowl would have been much the same. Ultimately I felt the underbog shot was the better idea, it gave more of a 'it just stopped there' kind of feel, which is what I was going for. :)

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:52 am

I certainly enjoyed it, although I do prefer a rather "final" ending for things. :D I rather liked the way you ended it.

Dethmetal

Postby Dethmetal » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:52 am

PM2K wrote:I certainly enjoyed it, although I do prefer a rather "final" ending for things. :D I rather liked the way you ended it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Oh? So you prefer either a rescue or a definitive 'dooming'?

I figured this kind of ending might not appeal to everyone, just leaving things hanging, or rather floating, like that, but I've always prefer somewhat less definitive endings, not sure if 'cliffhanger' would be the right term, but basically leaving what happens next in the mind of the viewer. In this case, she's been sucked beneath the surface of what is clearly a very treacherous and clinging quagmire, and she's not just under but already a couple of feet under,... Does she get out? Does she perish? Will she be able to pay her dry cleaning bill? Will Stan Lee make a gratuitous cameo? You decide. :D

Return to “Drawings”