More Commissioned Artwork (Updated 05/16/17)

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Dethmetal

Re: More Commissioned Artwork (Updated 05/07/17)

Postby Dethmetal » Wed May 10, 2017 4:53 am

MadMax359 wrote:
Dethmetal wrote:
MadMax359 wrote:
Dethmetal wrote:Here we have the third image in the Cavewoman commissions done by the amazing Tiangtam. I must say, I love the expression on this one,... that moment when you realize you are not only waist deep in a bog, but that due to your struggles your hands are now stuck. ;)

And be sure to check out the gallery of the artist behind this, and other lovely images; http://tiangtam.deviantart.com/

but you can't stop struggling, even if it means sinking more :twisted:

Well,... of course not, that's just a given,... not to mention that finding your hands to be stuck will likely make you instinctively struggle even more. ;)

which eventually gets her to the perfect depth... :twisted:

Hehe, yes, breast deep does seem to be very favored depth in this community, and I dare say I think this image really shows why. :D

Dethmetal

Re: More Commissioned Artwork (Updated 05/08/17)

Postby Dethmetal » Wed May 10, 2017 4:54 am

PM2K wrote:Love how pissed off she looks, too. :D

Heh, indeed, she is Really not a happy camper right now. :twisted:

Dethmetal

Re: More Commissioned Artwork (Updated 05/10/17)

Postby Dethmetal » Thu May 11, 2017 4:26 am

Fifth in the amazing Cavewoman sinking series done, by commission, by the outstanding Tiangtam

Meriem certainly does not seem to be doing well, and I dare say I think the severity of her situation is finally starting to sink in (pun intended),... but I suppose the surface of the bog touching the bottom of your nose might just be what it takes to get that point across to even the most stubborn of Cavewomen. ;)

http://dethmetal.deviantart.com/art/Det ... -679936968

And be sure to check out the gallery of the artist behind this, and other lovely images; http://tiangtam.deviantart.com/

Dethmetal

Postby Dethmetal » Thu May 11, 2017 4:39 am

Oh, and the artist has posted a preview picture on his site, with a link to my gallery.

http://tiangtam.deviantart.com/art/Some ... -679897117

If you are enjoying this series, then please go give the artist that created it a little love as well. :)

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:10 am

Well, if Meriem wasn't stuck before, she certainly is now... and, she's stuck really DEEP in the mud. And, as her hair spreads out across the mud's surface, she's slowly continues to settle deeper and deeper into the mire. It is intriguing to think about how she's standing straight up and down in the mud, which adds to the overall amazement of this piece as to how deep she is trapped.

Love the whipping of her hair and the splashing of the water as Meriem thrashes her head about, trying in one last desperate effort to get free of the quicksand... but, with her chin stuck and the rest of her strong body deeply embedded in the thickening ooze, there's no way she can free herself from her sticky situation.

What really makes this piece are Meriem's eyes... throughout this series, her facial expressions have been tying elements of the artworks together and making statements, and this piece is no exception. You can definitely see that, "OH S%&*!" look in her eyes as she FINALLY realizes that she's in deep trouble and is not getting out... and, she realizes she's going to sink to her doom and there's nothing she can do to stop it.

Outstanding work by Tiangtam.

Thanks for sharing!

Dethmetal

Postby Dethmetal » Fri May 12, 2017 4:47 am

water_bug_62208 wrote:Well, if Meriem wasn't stuck before, she certainly is now... and, she's stuck really DEEP in the mud. And, as her hair spreads out across the mud's surface, she's slowly continues to settle deeper and deeper into the mire. It is intriguing to think about how she's standing straight up and down in the mud, which adds to the overall amazement of this piece as to how deep she is trapped.

Love the whipping of her hair and the splashing of the water as Meriem thrashes her head about, trying in one last desperate effort to get free of the quicksand... but, with her chin stuck and the rest of her strong body deeply embedded in the thickening ooze, there's no way she can free herself from her sticky situation.

What really makes this piece are Meriem's eyes... throughout this series, her facial expressions have been tying elements of the artworks together and making statements, and this piece is no exception. You can definitely see that, "OH S%&*!" look in her eyes as she FINALLY realizes that she's in deep trouble and is not getting out... and, she realizes she's going to sink to her doom and there's nothing she can do to stop it.

Outstanding work by Tiangtam.

Thanks for sharing!

Indeed, that is about as stuck as it gets, before just being completely Gone. Yes, there is not much left of her above the surface but from what there is you can still get a feeling for how she is still sinking deeper and deeper in,.. the spreading and movement of her hair, the splashing of the water behind her, even the surface of the mud, clearly churned up by her struggling and pulling in towards her. Oh, indeed, that is a thought I have always loved in quicksand imagery, especially when one gets that deep, and it really does add to the overall feel and peril.

Yes, she has struggled all the way through this series, never giving up, and still seems to be struggling now, as is clear from the water and her hair and the surface of the bog around her. But as the mud is touching her nose I think she finally realizes that she is Losing this fight. She is up to her nose in a thick, squelching bog that has shrugged off all of her fierce struggling, all of her fighting which barely made a dent in the surface until now,... there is no way she is getting out on her own.

The artist had said to me that he felt it would be hard to really be expressive with only her eyes to work with, but those eyes are about as expressive as it gets. As you say, her expressions all through out this series have just been great, better than I even expected, and have added so very much to each picture, and even with just her eyes in this one her expression still completely nails it. As you say, that expression of "OH @#%^!!" possibly with a hint of "Help!!" is just beautifully done, as she finally realizes that she is done for,... she is helpless against the mud now and in a few moments it is just going to swallow her up.

Indeed, I must say, I have been truly impressed by Tiangtam all throughout this series.

Very welcome. :)

Dethmetal

Re: More Commissioned Artwork (Updated 05/11/17)

Postby Dethmetal » Fri May 12, 2017 4:54 am

Sixth image in the Cavewoman commission series done by the phenomenal Tiangtam

Not much to say here, except that someone might wanna signal the ref, cause it looks like poor Meriem is going down for the count. ;)

http://dethmetal.deviantart.com/art/Det ... -680115455

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:14 am

Very nice! And, there Meriem goes, with her whipping, trailing hair and the splashing of water signaling the last of her. And, when the final strands of her hair slip under the mud's surface, only the lingering scent of her feminine sweat will remain.

The earlier pages were most outstanding, but there's something equally special about this page... perhaps because we've been following Meriem's brave, though futile, struggles from the start, the mud's end game comes across as intriguing. I used to not care for artwork or Quicksand Videos showing women getting sucked under quicksand or mud to their doom until I watched Kristine Lynn do a submergence in Kaol's, "Explorer Revisited"... that made scenes like this far more different.

In spite of Meriem's frantic struggling, the mud's surface shows little disturbance, giving a wonderful feel of just how thick, heavy, and entrapping it is and the power of its suction to hold her fast. And, even if someone were to come along, doubt there's much that person could do to save her... it would take the strength of several people to pull Meriem free of the mud's suction, as well as take effort and perhaps even tools to dig away the goo to dissipate the suction gripping her.

Tiangtam's work on this series has been amazing.

Thanks for sharing!

Dethmetal

Postby Dethmetal » Sun May 14, 2017 3:30 am

water_bug_62208 wrote:Very nice! And, there Meriem goes, with her whipping, trailing hair and the splashing of water signaling the last of her. And, when the final strands of her hair slip under the mud's surface, only the lingering scent of her feminine sweat will remain.

The earlier pages were most outstanding, but there's something equally special about this page... perhaps because we've been following Meriem's brave, though futile, struggles from the start, the mud's end game comes across as intriguing. I used to not care for artwork or Quicksand Videos showing women getting sucked under quicksand or mud to their doom until I watched Kristine Lynn do a submergence in Kaol's, "Explorer Revisited"... that made scenes like this far more different.

In spite of Meriem's frantic struggling, the mud's surface shows little disturbance, giving a wonderful feel of just how thick, heavy, and entrapping it is and the power of its suction to hold her fast. And, even if someone were to come along, doubt there's much that person could do to save her... it would take the strength of several people to pull Meriem free of the mud's suction, as well as take effort and perhaps even tools to dig away the goo to dissipate the suction gripping her.

Tiangtam's work on this series has been amazing.

Thanks for sharing!

Indeed. The thick sucking mud closes in over the top of her head, her whipping hair sticking up from the surface in her wake, a splash of water to show the last of her failed struggles as she vanishes down into the bog. Slowly her hair gets shorter and shorter until that final tuft follows her down into the depths, only her fain scent and a slightly disturbed patch of mud left behind, no other traces that the poor cavewoman had ever even been there.

I think it's that this page brings the series to a close, as you say, we've followed her struggle from the beginning, seen her fighting and straining against the grip of the relentless sucking mud, the range of expressive emotions as she fought, her strength and effort clear in each page. A strong primal woman fighting against an even more primal force of nature,... but sometimes nature wins, as it appears to be winning in this fight. I know most don't like to take quicksand sequences this far, but for me a sinking sequence that doesn't end in submergence just seems incomplete,... it seems the natural end to it all. And I feel that it's important to note that it's Not about demise, only submergence,... what happens after that is anyone's guess,... does she perish, does she get out somehow? That is left in the imagination of the viewer, as after the submergence the rest is 'off screen'.

Oh, indeed, the thick heaviness of the mud is wonderfully portrayed by how little it has been disturbed by Meriem's struggling, how tightly its suction is holding her, and yes, how hard it would be for someone to get her out. It would indeed require Hulk-like strength, or a large number of people working together to pull, and likely dig, her free, assuming of course they could do so before she sank completely out of reach. I think the disturbance, or near lack there of, of the mud, also brings another point I find to be very intriguing,... think about this for a moment,... a full sized, and rather buxom, woman stumbled into this mud, sank, struggling heavily, down into it and was completely swallowed up by it,... and yet there is almost no sign that she had ever been there. A fierce and passionate fight for her life and yet to the mud it was just a brief disturbance.

Indeed, every single image in this series has been truly wonderful, Tiangtam really is an outstanding artist.

Very welcome, glad you enjoyed it. :)

Dethmetal

Re: More Commissioned Artwork (Updated 05/16/17)

Postby Dethmetal » Tue May 16, 2017 8:02 am

And just when you think it's over, and poor Meriem is lost forever to the sucking bog,... there is one more last image to be added to the series, and I'll let this one speak for herself. ;)

http://dethmetal.deviantart.com/art/Det ... -680885535

And, as always, be sure to check out the gallery of the artist behind this, and other lovely images; http://tiangtam.deviantart.com/

Return to “Drawings”