Shetani's morning exercise

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Aiko

Shetani's morning exercise

Postby Aiko » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:48 am

Just your typical day in the life of this jungle girl. Nothing special here. Not sure why I am even showing this to you guys. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Aiko

Re: Shetani's morning exercise

Postby Aiko » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:50 pm

also...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:54 pm

I really like the second render! :D

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:01 pm

DJlurker wrote:I really like the second render! :D

Thanks! :D

I thought the second one might be more appealing, but I would still be interested to hear why YOU think that is. (Don't hold back on the first one. I can take some critique.)

Aaaaand, there's more...

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:38 pm

I like that area very much and you don't need to travel into some jungle to experience that.
This is a small channel at the coast when it's low tide. All that reed is growing at the slightly higher parts of the area and the channel itself is nothing but soft mud.

Alas, i have never met her when i did visit these places :cry:
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am

bogbud wrote:I like that area very much and you don't need to travel into some jungle to experience that.
This is a small channel at the coast when it's low tide. All that reed is growing at the slightly higher parts of the area and the channel itself is nothing but soft mud.

Alas, i have never met her when i did visit these places :cry:

I'm sorry, but unless that area you are referring to is in Central Africa I think chances are rather slim. Then again Shetani does not tell me about all her travels, so it's not absolutely impossible she might turn up on another continent sometime.

Is the mud in that channel as clingy as this? (see image added below)

mudmanic2012

Postby mudmanic2012 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:04 pm

Very nice series,please continue :D

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Aiko wrote:I'm sorry, but unless that area you are referring to is in Central Africa I think chances are rather slim. Then again Shetani does not tell me about all her travels, so it's not absolutely impossible she might turn up on another continent sometime.

Is the mud in that channel as clingy as this? (see image added below)

Quiting myself from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11165&start=30

bogbud wrote:I have been in tidal mudflats, too and this has always been a super messy and much more muddy sink than in any peat-bog. There are areas where i just do an easy mudwalk over solid or just ankle-deep mud and two steps later i hit the soft spot and end in a real mess up to my armpits. When i'm finally able to extricate myself my boots or my waders or the rest of my gear is covered in a multiple inches-thick layer of grey goo.
Sidenote: And no, mudflats are not quicksand, it's fine sediment of various consistency/ingredients that accumulates over long periods of time over a solid bottom. Yes, in places it can become "quick", but that is much rarer than you think.

Your pictures are pretty much the same thing, only difference is that the stuff over here is just grey and not brown... ;)
quickmud.jpg

I will keep an eye for her footprints, maybe i'm lucky next time :lol:
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

NECRON74

Postby NECRON74 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:06 pm

This series looks really good. Can you also please post more of your avatar picture?

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:22 pm

Thanks for the kind comments! :)

NECRON74 wrote:Can you also please post more of your avatar picture?

Uhm, it's actually an animation, not a picture. ;) And perhaps more to the point, what exactly are you requesting? Higher resolution? Different angle?

bogbud wrote:I will keep an eye for her footprints, maybe i'm lucky next time :lol:

Well, I can tell you she pretty much always goes about barefoot. The soil tends to be rather soft where she lives. ;)

So, on to the next... ooh... look! Nice flowers! Though Shetani does not seem to care about those. In fact I dare say she looks rather pissed. Anyone care to guess why that is?

Return to “Drawings”