Quicksand Studies - A series of visual surveys

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Viridian

Quicksand Studies - A series of visual surveys

Postby Viridian » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:32 pm

Over on deviantART, I started a series of discussions with the intention of engaging fans of quicksand material into thinking about why they get excited with the topic and what exactly triggers the mind. My first set looks at the "depths" that we visualise and portray characters in. I've attached my personal commentary and views on what I like on the QS fetish in each illustration, and I hope that more people will share what they think of each depth.

The first one may be seem a little odd, but is an important visual step in the story - the prelude, or otherwise when the victim is OUTSIDE the quicksand (i.e. the BEFORE shot).

I personally don't find this specific point to be exciting. However, when I *know* that the quicksand is going to make an appearance, such as watching a scene or clip, there's a strong sense of anticipation, almost an anxiety. Will the scene play out the way I hope it would? It many cases it ends up being a tease and nothing more. Nonetheless, some people get a lot of excitement playing out the possibilities without needing to see the actual sink.

What are your thoughts on this? What is your favourite "depth" for quicksand scenes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

MadMax359

Re: Quicksand Studies - A series of visual surveys

Postby MadMax359 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:38 pm

my favorite depth is when the quicksand begins to interact with the heaving bosom of the damsel, so from somewhere over the belly button up til the point where her breasts are finally covered; and i hope it takes a while to get thru that sequence :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

H-Less Perv Side
Location: New York State (I live in a small town, so no, not New York City.)

Postby H-Less Perv Side » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:40 pm

I’m most fond of the victim being butt deep, so I hope that depth is shown somewhere down the line. (I think part of the reason is that I’m a booty fan in general, but I don’t really know the rest of why this is; I just go with it.)

It may sound strange, but I hope my favorite depth isn’t the second pic shown. If it is, we would be missing out on the leggy depths, which I know is a favorite of some.
Dern equipment limitations!

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:01 pm

You can feel the tension! :twisted:

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:48 pm

The second part of the Quicksand Study series in regards to discussing our peculiar fetish. The entry point into the quicksand is a major spike in interest as we watch the scene unfold. This particular aspect is huge for the more "foot fetish" side of the spectrum, where the more time spent at this depth, the more excitement is gained from it.

Personally, I don't get a big thrill out of this. The suspense of disbelief isn't there at all. Most of us have probably experienced this mild sensation on the beach or even walking over soil after rainfall. While we might know of what happens next, there's not enough in this frame to really get the sense that this is OMG QUICKSAND and hasn't yet hit the right notes.

What are your thoughts on this depth? What is your favourite moment in the sinking sequence?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Return to “Drawings”