Quicky Sanders Collection

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
sixgunzloaded

Re: Quicky Sanders Collection

Postby sixgunzloaded » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:34 pm

Great stories. My favorite this time was "Art of Sinking". I particularly liked your description of the quicksand tightening its grip like a constricting snake. That evokes fabulous imagery!
Quyen is lovely. Is she meant to be a relative of Quicky or just an Asian variant of her, or what?
The qs continues to get better and better. It really looks like deep, wet, agitated beach sand here.
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

Viridian

Re: Quicky Sanders Collection

Postby Viridian » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:08 pm

sixgunzloaded wrote:Great stories. My favorite this time was "Art of Sinking". I particularly liked your description of the quicksand tightening its grip like a constricting snake. That evokes fabulous imagery!
Quyen is lovely. Is she meant to be a relative of Quicky or just an Asian variant of her, or what?
The qs continues to get better and better. It really looks like deep, wet, agitated beach sand here.

Quyen was always Quicky since the very first story inception and design. "Quicky" is her nickname - in her character card, it is allegedly given because of how quickly she could expose crime and corruption, which makes her a high threat and why she always ends up in her namesake peril. She was intended to be half-Asian from the beginning. My earlier vignettes referred to her as "Sanders" rather than by her first name. The rebooted AI stories refer to her more intimately by first name. As thematic as Quicky is, I can't imagine people actually calling her that in dialogue.

I've actually aged up both my main characters in the AI reboot to show the passage of time since I started the series. Quyen Sanders is more established as a successful reporter, which brings more experience and gravitas, but she is a bigger target. I did retcon Victoria Clark to Victoria "Vicky" Marsh to play with the thematic pun (as I did with another character in my illustrations, the rival Georgia Myer). Vicky was originally a young intern in casual dress, now she is in her mid 20s and a duo with Quicky as her assistant and sidekick. This gives me more freedom to use Victoria on her own rather than always being paired with Quicky, as she is also a journalist, albeit an inexperienced and naive one (her growth is actually similar to Saphh).

Also, in case I didn't make it clear, the stories are also AI generated using ChatGPT-4. My AI work hasn't only been focused on images. In fact, both these images were ideas conceived by ChatGPT, which I used as inspiration to create the AI images, which I then used as inspiration to get the AI to turn into stories.

I was really impressed with the original plot for Art of Sinking. ChatGPT originally drafted the story as a forensic scientist chasing a sculptor who made sand statues of their victims using the same sand they were sunk in. The character was lured to his beach side studio, pushed out the door and into his quicksand pit.

I adapted the story to be a Quicky Sanders piece, changed the studio setting to an open beach (much easier to construct the scene) and change the sculptor to a painter to fit the scene and theme better.

But the original story was amazingly different to anything I came up with.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Return to “Drawings”