This is not the way to the beach (either)

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Aiko

This is not the way to the beach (either)

Postby Aiko » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:32 am

It would appear that someone has taken a wrong turn. Or more like twenty of those. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Aiko on Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Acidtester

Re: This is not the way to the beach

Postby Acidtester » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:46 pm

Cool
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:44 pm

Acidtester wrote:Cool

:D

And there's more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

onesixthsinker

Postby onesixthsinker » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:18 pm

Lovely :) Great to see new works from you again :)
OSS / Nomino-Tacet
https://www.deviantart.com/nomino-tacet
Full size images, exclusive content, and more at:
https://www.patreon.com/nomino_tacet

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:01 pm

Looks very watery...

Okay, maybe she got stuck in that thick tidal creek and the water is flowing back in. Time to hurry!
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:44 pm

Very nice, Aiko! I really like the girl who's chest deep. She sorta reminds me of Tricia Helfer from Battlestar Galactica except with darker hair. Great expression on her face too.
Was this meant to be a shot where the qs is hidden by water above it? Either way, great work! Thanks for sharing! :)
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:27 pm

bogbud wrote:Looks very watery...

Okay, maybe she got stuck in that thick tidal creek and the water is flowing back in. Time to hurry!
sixgunzloaded wrote:Very nice, Aiko! I really like the girl who's chest deep. She sorta reminds me of Tricia Helfer from Battlestar Galactica except with darker hair. Great expression on her face too.
Was this meant to be a shot where the qs is hidden by water above it? Either way, great work! Thanks for sharing! :)

Yes, there's quicksand hidden underneath the water. This is my first (and probably last) attempt to depict this. I thought if I put some mud on the girls, put them at the right depth with the right poses, it would be convincing enough. I still like this idea of quicksand waiting underneath a layer of murky water and I might end up using that in a story sometime, but visually I have to admit that it does not work so well.

Still, I hope you enjoy these even if you have to strain your imagination a bit to "see" the bottomless quicksand. It's there. Trust me. That's why they are placing their hopes in their friend. And so I give you two more renders from different perspectives of this scene.

Another thing I leave to your imagination is how this is going to end. I tried to create a situation here that could easily go either way - with all three girls getting out of there unharmed or all three of them meeting their untimely end in the hidden pit or anything in between. Enjoy and feel free to discuss what happens next. :)

stone_side

Postby stone_side » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:52 pm

She looks like she's walking so carefully. Shame her next step is the plunge :D

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:00 am

Aiko wrote:Yes, there's quicksand hidden underneath the water. This is my first (and probably last) attempt to depict this. I thought if I put some mud on the girls, put them at the right depth with the right poses, it would be convincing enough. I still like this idea of quicksand waiting underneath a layer of murky water and I might end up using that in a story sometime, but visually I have to admit that it does not work so well.

Still, I hope you enjoy these even if you have to strain your imagination a bit to "see" the bottomless quicksand. It's there. Trust me. That's why they are placing their hopes in their friend. And so I give you two more renders from different perspectives of this scene.

Another thing I leave to your imagination is how this is going to end. I tried to create a situation here that could easily go either way - with all three girls getting out of there unharmed or all three of them meeting their untimely end in the hidden pit or anything in between. Enjoy and feel free to discuss what happens next. :)

I hope I didn't offend with my question... :oops: I definitely enjoyed it very much! It was no strain to imagine it - I think you did very well with your depiction. :) In fact, since I had just posted a similar scene on my Odds & Ends thread, the underwater aspect was the first thing that came to mind. I guess the only thing that threw me off slightly and made me ask was the mud on her arm being about the same color as the water.
Again, excellent job here! I love pics where stuff is left to the imagination. :D
Also, these latest two are great follow-ups! I really like the fearful caution the third girl is showing. :D
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:04 pm

sixgunzloaded wrote:
Aiko wrote:I hope I didn't offend with my question... :oops: I definitely enjoyed it very much! It was no strain to imagine it - I think you did very well with your depiction. :) In fact, since I had just posted a similar scene on my Odds & Ends thread, the underwater aspect was the first thing that came to mind. I guess the only thing that threw me off slightly and made me ask was the mud on her arm being about the same color as the water.
Again, excellent job here! I love pics where stuff is left to the imagination. :D
Also, these latest two are great follow-ups! I really like the fearful caution the third girl is showing. :D

Don't worry. No offense taken at all. I am just being my own worst critic. ;)

And I just looked at your pictures and I think that you did a very good job. The ripples on the water and the poses do give the impression that she is rapidly sinking. Maybe my initial mistake was to go for a slow sink. Regarding their expressions I tried to convey that the two sinkers are putting their hope into their friend who has now arrived at the scene, but said friend is not so confident that she will be able to drag them both out - even if she can get close enough without sinking herself.

Return to “Drawings”