More Dusting The File Cabinet Finds (f, nudity)

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
pete1672
Always Remembered

Re: More Dusting The File Cabinet Finds (f, nudity)

Postby pete1672 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:35 am

Cover to the "Muckabout" comic book I did almost 30(!!) years ago; the late Rob Blaine distributed it thru his "Messy Fun" business...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

General Woundwort

Postby General Woundwort » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:00 am

Absolutely wonderful. I have always greatly appreciated your art, done with such skill and spirit that captures the heart and soul of babes in bottomless quicksand; treating what is to them a "deadly serious" situation with such awesome humor and style. This artwork is no exception; it is beautiful, thanks from the heart for sharing it.

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:51 am

wow! 1994! can't beat the classics :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

SabbieMobili

Postby SabbieMobili » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Great stuff as always, Pete! And something I've not seen of yours before: indications of a manual pasteup job! Looks like some of the type has been cut-and-pasted, and looks like good ol' Ziptone halftone shading. Am I correct? Did a lot of that myself back in the day before computers got powerful enough to do the whole layout digitally. Although on the stuff I did, the content wasn't nearly as interesting.
Damn this slow quicksand! I have half a mind to struggle!

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:05 pm

All this dust should be collected, mixed with water, and used to fill a pit.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

pete1672
Always Remembered

Postby pete1672 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:38 am

General Woundwort wrote:Absolutely wonderful. I have always greatly appreciated your art, done with such skill and spirit that captures the heart and soul of babes in bottomless quicksand; treating what is to them a "deadly serious" situation with such awesome humor and style. This artwork is no exception; it is beautiful, thanks from the heart for sharing it.

Thanks very much, I appreciate the kind words!

pete1672
Always Remembered

Postby pete1672 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:44 am

SabbieMobili wrote:Great stuff as always, Pete! And something I've not seen of yours before: indications of a manual pasteup job! Looks like some of the type has been cut-and-pasted, and looks like good ol' Ziptone halftone shading. Am I correct? Did a lot of that myself back in the day before computers got powerful enough to do the whole layout digitally. Although on the stuff I did, the content wasn't nearly as interesting.

I posted this without any clean-up and as a color scan, intentionally to let folks see what 27 year old art looks like. There certainly was manual paste-up work on this, and zipatone screening, which yellows with age. In fact, it often falls off altogether, which hasn't happened to this piece yet.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the drawering! :D

pete1672
Always Remembered

Postby pete1672 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:45 am

Fred588 wrote:All this dust should be collected, mixed with water, and used to fill a pit.

I'm hoping to hae the same done with my ashes... ;)

Return to “Drawings”