The Art of Sinking (Updated 5/15/2022)

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
AWSands21

Re: The Art of Sinking (Updated 3/22/2022)

Postby AWSands21 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:42 pm

Jaina76 wrote:
AWSands21 wrote:The Huntress

The huntress lets out one final, anguished cry. She’s going under, and there’s nothing she can do to stop it. Nothing she can do but tilt back her head, close her eyes…

…And sink…

OMG! :shock:

This....is amazing. I love all of your works, but this one is my absolute favorite. The story and the artwork make this a true quicksand masterpiece. I am in awe of this.

Enjoy your well-deserved break from drawing...but know that we look forward to your return

I'm quite fond of this one as well, and I had missed writing up these little mini-stories to go with the art. I'm very glad to hear you found a favorite! :)
In the end, they all sink.

sixgunzloaded

Re: The Art of Sinking (Updated 3/23/2022)

Postby sixgunzloaded » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:32 pm

Wow! All these are great, as always, but yeah, "The Huntress" is special. :D Not only does it include a great mini-story, but it's a really well done below-the-surface shot too. I love how you show the displaced muck around her athletic body and the bubbles and the way the quicksand sort of drags her hair up as the rest of her goes down. The dead critter in the background is a nice detail also. And your girls are always so pretty! lol :D Thank you!
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

AWSands21

Postby AWSands21 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:28 am

sixgunzloaded wrote:Wow! All these are great, as always, but yeah, "The Huntress" is special. :D Not only does it include a great mini-story, but it's a really well done below-the-surface shot too. I love how you show the displaced muck around her athletic body and the bubbles and the way the quicksand sort of drags her hair up as the rest of her goes down. The dead critter in the background is a nice detail also. And your girls are always so pretty! lol :D Thank you!

Very kind of you! I did a fair bit of trial and error before finding something that worked well enough for the under-the-surface take. I don't recall having drawn anything like this before. I'm sure I'll find ways to improve it in future attempts :D

Theo

Postby Theo » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:36 am

Loved the Huntress! The classic hand remaining above the surface with a glimpse of the hapless victim beneath, and the mini-story was very well done too!

And I also loved the "Quicksand Lovers," no pun intended :D
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

AWSands21

Postby AWSands21 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:32 pm

Theo wrote:Loved the Huntress! The classic hand remaining above the surface with a glimpse of the hapless victim beneath, and the mini-story was very well done too!

And I also loved the "Quicksand Lovers," no pun intended :D

Yeah, I'm quite pleased with how these last two turned out! I have some more commissions and personal drawings in the works that I hope to start sharing in the coming days. The little break has been nice, but I'm eager to get back into action.

Theo

Postby Theo » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:31 pm

AWSands21 wrote:Yeah, I'm quite pleased with how these last two turned out! I have some more commissions and personal drawings in the works that I hope to start sharing in the coming days. The little break has been nice, but I'm eager to get back into action.

Can't wait to see more! :D I've also been taking an "unintentional" break from writing the past few months. But the last week or two I've been getting back into it and loving it!
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

AWSands21

Postby AWSands21 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:18 am

Nothing Else To Grab

Nothing Else To Grab.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MadMax359

Re: The Art of Sinking (Updated 4/2/2022)

Postby MadMax359 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:56 am

this is FIRST CLASS drama!! :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Sand

Postby Sand » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:30 pm

It’s been awhile since I’ve commented and some beautiful art since then! Quicksand Lovers, The Huntress, and Nothing Else to Grab are particularly.
-Quicksand lovers is a shameless dive into seemingly taboo desires, and it’s great. Willingly sinking is honestly one of my favorite concepts.

-The Huntress is one of your absolute best! I love such a beautiful and strong woman rendered completely helpless. I love the below surface view, and how her hair, the mud and bubbles all show her decent downwards. Her hand slipping under is really nice touch, adds a kind of pleading desperation. I do kind of head cannon of a last moment rescue, after all having her sink only once seems a bit of a shame.

-Nothing Else to Grab is such a dramatic piece love the panic and desperation in it. Also chain reaction sinks are a rare treat.

It’s been said by others but you make some really beautiful ladies and great mud for sinking. Look forward what you will do next, thank you for sharing.

AWSands21

Postby AWSands21 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:50 am

The treacherous, misty marshlands surrounding Arkham Asylum make breaking out (or breaking in) a dangerous job. Stray off the hidden paths even a little, and you'll soon start to sink...

Commission for Secretdude77 featuring Punchline in deep trouble.

Commission - Punchline.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Drawings”