Erin Esurance & the gecko "Just Business"

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Re: Erin Esurance & the gecko "Just Business"

Postby Qsvgitguy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:59 am

Awesome work there AT! You've done it again!

Question: I that supposed to be the girl from the Eshurence ads? If yes, it's a great idea!

EDIT: I guess that's a yes. :twisted:

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Not only is it great art, it's funny as hell. Nice job man. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

DilynraeV

Postby DilynraeV » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:29 pm

Who knew Erin was a mud maven? *pets the Gecko* Good lizard... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Lizard!!!!

Dily

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:22 am

Very cool! The Gecko isn't as customer friendly as he appears to be. Definitely one way to eliminate the competition.

The overall darkness of the background sets up the mood of this piece quite nicely, AT. The dark mood is also enhanced by that very sinister look you've given the Gecko. It's funny and frightening at the same time. I mean, not only have you very effectively captured realistic fear and disbelief in the eyes of Erin, but you've given the Gecko a very genuine look of total psychotic indifference in his eyes and facial expression to her situation, yet that wicked smile he has shows he's getting some apparent pleasure or satisfaction out of all this. It's like we're seeing his cold-blooded (no pun intended) evil twin, or perhaps his "Mr. Hyde" is coming through. Perhaps odd to say, but the Gecko almost looks as if he'd been betrayed by Erin and this is his revenge... perhaps a merger plan gone bad, or one being prevented? Even the expression on the skull and crossbones on the sign shows it to ge getting some entertainment from the action before it.

The boldness of the colors are great, especially how Erin's hair contrasts against the darkness of the setting. The vegetation adds that traditional feel of a Quicksand Setting. And, I like the thickness of the goo holding Erin fast and drawing her deeper to her doom. The Quicksand Sign being partially covered to hide its true meaning from Erin is a nice touch.

I also like the contrast of how a "super secret agent" that Erin is depicted to be in the commercials can be outsmarted by a tiny reptile that she could easily squash beneath her boot. Perhaps he charmed her with his accent and big eyes. However he did it, obviously one should never underestimate the "little people."

Beautiful piece, AT! Thanks for sharing!

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:15 pm

Love it!
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Raidium

Postby Raidium » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:25 am

Outstanding as always AT! I love the humor as well as the peril in this particular piece! I love how a lizard can out smart a secret agent! I also love the emotion and fear you portrayed on Erins face. It shows her state of panic beautifully. I also enjoy the lizards expression. It shows how cold hearted a cold blooded creature can really be lol. The scenery is as always, breathtaking and beautifully drawn. I guess in summary I can simply say, I love it and excellent work yet again! ^_^
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it..."

http://raidium.deviantart.com/

Sir Muttley

Postby Sir Muttley » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:05 pm

I like it AT!, you can almost hear the Gecko's English accent echoing that quote around the swamp! Nice one!

Is it just me or does anyone else here have a crush on the Esurance girl?? LOL
I'm Still in the process of recovering from the heartstring trampling after being dumped by Jessica Rabbit!

Jason
Last edited by Sir Muttley on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My people were fair and had sky in their hair
But now they're content to wear stars on their brows"

Return to “Drawings”